Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Family Reunification with Student Visa - How to show funds for Spouse

Dear Friends,

Thank you for maintaining such an active forum and helping people with their queries on the visa and related processes. I have searched and was able to find out most of the answers to my questions on both Student and Family Reunification Visa for Germany. However, I would like your inputs on one question for which I was unable to find an answer, and hope you will be able to help me. 

I am a 35-year old Indian from Bangalore, and have around 10 years of experience in the Information Technology industry. I have been recently granted admission to a full-time MBA program (15 months course) in Germany, and will be applying for my Student Visa soon. I wish that my wife accompany me while I am studying in Germany, and I found out in this forum that my spouse can accompany me or join me in Germany, as long as my wife has a German A1 certificate, and I can show suitable accomodation for both of us, have health insurance for both of us, and have sufficient funds for our living expenses for the 15 months. 

To show proof of funds for living expenses, I will be opening a blocked account in Germany. My question is that how do I show funds for my spouse' living expenses? Along with the Euro 8000 that should be blocked for my expenses, do I need to block an addition Euro 8000 for my spouse? Or, do I need to open another account to show these funds or is there an alternate way to show that I have enough funds to support my wife. Since I will be studying during this 15-month period, I will not be able to show any income. Please help me with this information.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/04/14 18:53 en respuesta a Lahar Tahbildar.
 The case worker in Germany will be better convinced if you open a separate blocked account in her name for 8000 euros. 

accomodation: per person 12.5 m2: for a couple it is 25 m2 (minimum), which you need after moving to Germany.

Good luck
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/04/14 6:50 en respuesta a Wim Hannover.
Thank you, cebit... I will go with your suggestion of having a separate blocked account for my spouse. I was under the impression that the blocked account can only be used for the student visa i.e. for a foreign student.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/04/14 9:03 en respuesta a Lahar Tahbildar.
Ideally, the bank should offer this product for spouse visa.  I did some search and it turns that  the blocked account may be only for students.

http://www.dakar.diplo.de/contentblob/3727148/Daten/2956307/VisaMerkblattStudiumSperrkontod.pdf

There is an email on the above link, write to them whether it is possible for spouse.

Other alternative is to open a joint blocked account with 16000. 
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/04/14 9:11 en respuesta a Wim Hannover.
Thank you, cebit... I will inquire with the bank to see if a separate non-student blocked account is possible for a spouse... However, I feel that the best approach would be to have more funds in my blocked account. This should be a good indication that I have enough funds to support my spouse. I also read in this forum that after rent and health insurance are taken care of, 700 Euro per month is a sufficient amount for both - here is the link to the post but it's not marked as resolved/answered:

http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/757639
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/01/17 16:06 en respuesta a Lahar Tahbildar.
Hi,

I am currently in the same situation as you were.

Could you please let me know if you were successful in getting a dependent visa for your wife while you were a student ?

I also got the suggestion from embassy to open a new blocked account for my wife... but don't know if we can open a blocked account for someone who is not a student... your reply will be much appreciated..

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Shashi
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7