Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa - Asked to submit Health Insurance

Toggle
Hallo Everyone,

Recently my wife applied for spouse visa at Chennai consulate. Last week I received a letter from Dusseldorf Immigration office. They have given an appointment and asked to submit the following docs.

- last 6 months salary slips
- Health insurance for spouse

This "health insurance for spouse" looks strange to me. Usually a person gets a health insurance after reaching Germany. But in our case they have asked to submit health insurance now itself. 

From my knowledge, i know that i have to submit salary slips, work contract, house contract. But what is mentioned in immingration office letter for me is different from what i expected.
Does anyone had similar kind of experience?.. Is this normal?.. And most importantly is it possible to get a health insurance from AOK or TK etc even before the person reaches Germany?..

Any help / suggestions will be really helpful.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa - Asked to submit Health Insurance
Answer
3/16/14 8:04 PM as a reply to Pulsar.
You can prepare a letter to the ABH mentioning that you are under public health insurance and your spouse will be covered. Adding the proof of your coverage.

OR

You need a letter from krankenkasse that your wife will be covered under their insurance after she arrives in Germany. This is not a normal requirement for Indian nationals. For some nationals they do require. ABH handles visa application of  all nations and hence they may added this by mistake.

Good luck
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Spouse visa - Asked to submit Health Insurance
Answer
3/17/14 10:28 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
"....You need a letter from krankenkasse that your wife will be covered under their insurance after she arrives in Germany..."

I did the same
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18