Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE after having BlueCard 21 for months

Toggle
Hi all,

I have been holding a BlueCard (§ 19a) residence permit. I also hold a TestDaF certificate showing that my German level is better than B1. I have now worked in Germany for 17 months, so the 21 month period for applying for a NE is getting nearer and nearer. I live in Berlin. Now are my questions:
  1. From reading through this forum and others I understood that in order to apply for a NE one receives a letter from Ausländerbehörde saying that one is eligible for applying for it. Does it mean that after nearly 21 months I am to expect a letter from them? Why should they assume I have the language certificate at all, and not just send me the letter after 33 months, as if I didn't have it?
  2. Alternatively, should I book an appointment on my own? The web site does not offer "NE" as an option when trying to book appointments, then which sort?
  3. If I can book an appointment, when exactly should the exact date be? Exactly after 21 months or otherwise?
  4. Will I need to undergo Integrationstest? And generally, what documents should I have when applying?
  5. Does one apply for NE or for Dauerhaft-EG? On what does it depend?
  6. How long does NE processing take in Berlin?
Thanks in advance for your answers!
N.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: NE after having BlueCard 21 for months
Answer
3/12/14 4:16 PM as a reply to Nadav R.
Hello Nadav,

Congratulations on your job and getting the Blue Card. I try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. With the B1 cerificate you are eligible to apply, that's true. I really doubt anybody will send you a letter, so don't expect it.

2. Yes, that is a very good idea. What would even be better to do is to search on the net from reliable sources about the requirements, and then go to the ABH now, ask them about the exact requirements. Maybe they'll require some additional documents etc. which may take some time to get. Better to be prepared.

3. Yes you'll have to wait 21 months for the appointment, however if you do what I mentioned at (2), you'll have all the documents ready and you can submit your application right away.

4.As far as I know they'll make you take an exam on basics of German democratic system, legislation etc., trivial questions I believe but be prepared in any case.

5. Dauerhaft-EG is after 5 years of gainful employment. You already have the Blue-Card advantage, so Dauerhaft-EG is not necessary for you.

6. That'll depend on many things I believe. I have heard people have it in 3 weeks to 4 months. Let's say 3 months on average.

I hope that helps you, and good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/14 10:13 AM as a reply to Nadav R.
Hi,

I got NE in Berlin recently based on Bluecard and 21 months rule(with German B1 ).

Steps I followed

1. After 21 months I went to ABH directly without appointment.

2.They gave me a form to fill up for NE (it has just Name and address, nothing else required), submitted then and there.

3. After 2 weeks I got a appointment letter from ABH to produce last 21 months pay slips, B1 certificate  and EURO 67.5.

4. Did the same on the given appointment date.

5. After 1 months(they do police verification etc etc..) got a letter that my NE got approved. And again another appointment to submit latest pay slips and Aktuelle Arbeitsbescheinigun and EURO 67.50.

6. Did the same on the given appointment date. On this day eAT applied. Got an appointment to collect eAT after one month.

7. Finally after 3 months an 4 visits to ABH  got NE emoticonemoticon ..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/14 10:30 AM as a reply to Parkin edger.
Hi Parkin,

Thanks for the useful information and congrats!

Is this the form they let you fill in? http://www.berlin.de/formularserver/formular.php?86105

Cheers, N.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/14 5:25 PM as a reply to Nadav R.
Yes .. this is the form...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK