Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Visit Visa rejected

Toggle
Visit Visa rejected
Answer
2/28/14 12:01 PM
Dear Friends,

My mother applied for visit visa last week at Bangalore consulate, but they rejected it stating following reasons:

- Your intention to leave the territiry of the Member states beofre the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
- You did not succeed to demonstrate your willingness to return to your home country.
- Your family roots in India could not be proved sufficiently/credibly shown
- Your economic rootage (base, resources) in India could not be proved sufficiently / credibly shown

My mother is a retired teacher and staying alone(My father is no more). I have 2 sisters married & staying with their husabands.

Now what proof she can to submit to prove her willingness to return to India ? I have no idea.
Requesting advice from trust7 members who have had such experience in the past.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Agna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/14 8:18 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
It seems like its your mother's first visit abroad. Your mother may be can show that she owns a property, her savings, pension payment, your sisters and other relatives are living in Bangalore. 

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/14 12:12 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
Hi Mayagouri/Agna,

Didnt you show the return ticket? I think that should be sufficient if you show a confirmed booking.
Also did you submit a verpflichtungserklärung incase you are sponsoring her visit?
These two documents should inprinciple be sufficient.

Best of luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 8:07 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
"strangerules" - your advice is befitting your  alias id.

Visa application is NOT accepted at the counter without insurance or return tickets. In this case, the visa application was accepted (which means those documents were provided)  and rejected.

Return tickets and insurance papers - they know any kabootar   submit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 3:27 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit, I wish i could stoop to your level and ridicule the comments made by others. But i would refrain from doing so. Because unfortunately i have a very bad habit of relying on factual information. So i asked had asked mayagouri...And I asked for the Verpflichtungerklärung.

Firstly, my mother had applied for the visa via vfs without a verpflichungerklärung and it was luckily NOT rejected on the grounds but the consulate asked us to send the document. The guy explicitly told us that he is deliberately not rejecting it. Anyways those are my facts.

All the best...and stay calm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 3:56 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
mayagouri:
Dear Friends,

My mother applied for visit visa last week at Bangalore consulate, but they rejected it stating following reasons:

- Your intention to leave the territiry of the Member states beofre the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
- You did not succeed to demonstrate your willingness to return to your home country.
- Your family roots in India could not be proved sufficiently/credibly shown
- Your economic rootage (base, resources) in India could not be proved sufficiently / credibly shown

My mother is a retired teacher and staying alone(My father is no more). I have 2 sisters married & staying with their husabands.

Now what proof she can to submit to prove her willingness to return to India ? I have no idea.
Requesting advice from trust7 members who have had such experience in the past.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Agna
A pension or a residence in your home country is not sufficient as a proof of her returning home, even a two-ways ticket is not enough (never heard of people coming and not going back? Back in 2000 when I came in Germany, the Embassy requested a two-way ticket altough I only needed a one-way). Does your mother work? If yes, a letter from her employer should suffice.
When my mom comes visiting us, she actually never has to submit all those things, last time she came, she just asked me for my actual address, made the visa request at the Embassy, didn't need to do any Verpflichtungserklärung and got her visa but maybe it's because she's a vice-consul and didn't need all that.
She came, did 2 weeks with us in Berlin, went and did 4 weeks with my brother in Italy, came back and did 2 weeks again and went back to her country of work.

So back to my question, does your mom work?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 8:41 PM as a reply to NoBody.
she is retired. does not work
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/14 9:42 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thank you very much for all the advices/comments.

My mother is retired. She had submitted all necessary document (as per the checklist from consulate website) including "Verpflichtungserklärung" and Insurance.

This is the second time she applied for visa. Last time ( almost 6 years back) she got visa without any such issues, even though she submitted only those documents mentioned in the checklist. But it was at Chennai consulate. I heard that at Bangalore consulate there are more rejections in general. Is it true ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/14 11:39 AM as a reply to gouri maya.
No consulate will have 100% visa grant rate. There will be some rejections. There is no official data regarding this. It is just hear say. People discuss only rejections and not about visa granted, hence one thinks that there are lots of rejections.

May be you can reapply or appeal in German court.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/14 12:48 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit 

How are you doing. Thanks for the responses here, they are helpful and educative. I have one question. The embassy has called me and I will be attending a family reunion visa interview this week. My wife in Germany has also been sent a letter by ABH to attend the same interview at the sametime am to attend mine too here. 

This is after the verification has been done here and sent to ABH in Germany. What are some of the questions that i should expect to be asked and how long is this interview usually? And after this how long does the visa take to come out?

Regards

Nickson
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/14 3:27 PM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
@nixon

they will ask your circumstances leading to your marriage like where did you meet and courtship. Both of your replies should be consistent. Never heard of this interview at this stage. expected time upto 30 mins. Seems to be the final state. may be 1-2 weeks at the most. Good luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/6/14 1:31 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
As suggested by cebit, I would also advise you to appeal. That they are indirectly telling you (if) your mother is poor (lacks resources), you lose the right to see her in Germany. No matter whatsoever the reason is, the visitor must have some expensive flat in India and she/he must be working all the time even disable or retired.

Not fair and feel sorry about it but I do not think that this was a stand by ABH but by embassy only. A bill was in discussion in UK which they indirectly stated that that poor brits or immigrats have no right to bring their spouses there. Do not know if it was been passed.

Their country, their rules apply everywhere but then we should leave all the countries alone who are not good to its own citizens and forgieners.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott