Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Marriage Certificate Translation

Toggle
Marriage Certificate Translation
Answer
4/25/13 10:09 AM
Dear all,

My family has applied for visa in Chennai last month. Today, I have got a post saying that german translation of my marriage certificate is needed. Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't have the original. Should I first get the original over to germany and then get it translated? Or get it translated in India and get it over here?

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Regards,
SS
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 10:47 AM as a reply to shyam b.
Get it translated from chennai in Indo German Chamber of commerce (per page 900INR) and ask to send the scan copy to you. 

This will be sufficient at the moment. If they ask for original, tell that it is coming in post. 

If you translate it in germany it cost you more,also time u need to give original certificate for translation. 

All the very best
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 11:47 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thanks for the quick reply moonmal.

However, my family stays in Hyderabad. Will check if it can be done in Geothe Institue there. What you suggest?

Regards,
SS.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 12:01 PM as a reply to shyam b.
In Goethe Institut, they dont give. only individual professors vl give with their stamp. Better Indo German Chamber of commerce. 

Check it in your city also. or if u hav frds in chennai ask them to go and collect it. U can send them directly to their email ur marriage certificate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 12:14 PM as a reply to moon mal.
ok thanks moonmal. I will check on how to proceed with this.

Another quick question - Is there a possibility for a marriage verification, even after submitting my translated marraige certificate.

Really appreciate your quick responses.

Regards,
SS.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 12:23 PM as a reply to shyam b.
Hopefully Not. If this MV is required, would have been initiated before sending letter to you. So dont worry maximum it wont be there.

May i know from which part of city in germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 2:12 PM as a reply to moon mal.
thanks moonmal. I live it Köln.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/13 2:39 PM as a reply to shyam b.
I feel strange. Normally people from West Germany are good at english, and they dont prefer such translation. Anyway fulfill their requirements and come with success soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/14 8:38 AM as a reply to shyam b.
We got Chinese marraige certificate document need to be translated, but we didn’t work with a
translation company or service before. Please share some experience on
find a Chinese marraige certificate document translation service.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott