Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

RE: Living in germany working in Zürich

Toggle
Living in germany working in Zürich
Answer
2/18/12 12:35 PM
Hello,

If i have a contract from a German Company but i Need to go to their Zürich Branch for Most of the Year.... 5 days a week.....do i Need any permits from Swiss authorities ? I will be Paid in Germany and i will Pay Taxes in Germany ....but for practical purposes i will work Most of the Time in Zürich ....

I have a NE Visa in Germany ....

Looking forward to your guidance and Suggestions....

Regards,

samigush
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Living in germany working in Zürich
Answer
2/20/12 1:09 PM as a reply to sachin gupta.
I am not sure but I think you need to have a work permit at least. My close friend worked in Zürich and as far as I remember, you can work like this for one year. After a year, your Zurich branch should/must give you an employement contract, so that you take salary from them and pay taxes there. This was at least the case with an Indian working in Swiss (Indian passport, working onsite in Zürich, for first one year employed by Indian company, so was paid in India, resident in Zürich).
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Living in germany working in Zürich
Answer
2/21/12 6:24 PM as a reply to sachin gupta.
...Not sure about this..... I think it comes down to where you are register and therefore paying your taxes. I personnaly worked in Switzerland and in Liehctenstein for some years from my Frankfurt based Company and never experienced any difficulties. Every now and then the police asked for my passport when crossing the border and I had to isssue a criminal record for the job access building for security issues. hope it helps.
Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Living in germany working in Zürich
Answer
6/17/12 5:18 PM as a reply to Baudouin Tameze.
As per the info I have now, as a Germany resident (NOT national) I can work for 90 days in a year with a simple web based registration Infact anyone who has been a german resident for more than a year can. For more than that I will need a work visa to be approved. Once work visa is approved I will be paid in Swiss Francs...not yet sure where will I file taxes in that case....can i still file them in germany ? 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Living in germany working in Zürich
Answer
1/28/14 6:15 AM as a reply to sachin gupta.
I live just outside Zurich in Kloten and it is a great place to live. Zurich itself is very
expensive so you might want to consider living a little further out.
Train and bus connections are so amazing you can always get everywhere
quickly.

A great book to buy is David Hampshires guide to Living and Working in Switzerland, it contains loads of great and very accurate advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott