Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

RE: Indian subcontinent managers in Germany

Toggle
Hi,

Just for the sake of curiosity and referencing my ambitions, I am starting this thread.

I have met countless Indians in Germany with degrees from wonderful Universities (BE, BTech) in India. Few I remember talking to were from Roorkee, Thapar, PEC, DU, 2 students from IITs, Jamia, RECs and few from Bidar (sorry to miss Unis in South equally good but I tend to forget their names frequently). But unfortunately, I have not come across even a single Indian working as head of department, R&D manager or in other core managerial jobs in a German company.

I know the hierarchy in Germany is flatter and simple compared with India (or may be US) but still like every other country it does exist.

I hope I could meet a few here. I am keenly interested in knowing, albeit I already know that even many Germans happily spend their lives working on a same post (for e.g. of Engineer), but still there are bosses.

If possible, just write
Your qualification:
Your current job post:
What do you think the reason that we do/don’t see many Indians as bosses/leaders/managers in German companies.

How many years did it take you to become a part of upper/middle mangent?
I was wondering if language is the only barrier.
Hope to get some input.
Tony

PS: Boss/Leader/Manager is here referenced to someone who has people working under her/his leadership on his instructions and NOT Sr./Jr. Engineer/project leader leading her/his own projects with different colleagues.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/13 12:49 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Guess this is old post. If you still need some reference on this one, please post your email id. I can give tons of Indians working as head of...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/14/13 6:58 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@tonigill,

open your eyes you will find many and i do not think some one will come to you and tell he is the chef.
Please meet good people thats more than enough, one cannot be small just because he is not leading a team.

PS: Deutsche Bank

MATRIX
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/14/13 9:16 AM as a reply to leo leo.
Hello,
agree to your point. There are even Indian consultants who are specialized in their area of work and do earn salaries much more than than normal German manager in Deutschland.

It all depends how the consultant makes his/her package agreements with the company he/she is working.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/14 6:56 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
The Austria statesman Metternich said that 'Italy
is only a geographical expression', meaning the area was not
politically, socially or economically unified. The same was true of both
India and Germany before they went through their various unification /
independence processes.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124