Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: US Tourist visa from Germany for Nepali Citizen

Toggle
Hi,
Help needed  

I am currently studying in Germany (Maser of science in Information Technology). And I am from Nepal.
I want to visit USA, spicially my brohter, who is  green card hloder of USA. So what is the procedure to get tourist visa. In this February 2014, I want to go USA, So what are the procedures and what is probability of getting visa. And is it helpful that brother has green card ??

One thing I would like to add, is there any rule like i should be in Germany atleast for 1 year before applying to tourist visa.

Thanks
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/15/13 10:12 PM as a reply to Buddi Lal Shrestha.
As a rule of thumb, an international student in Germany is seen to lack firm ties to the host country. This is not the case once you finish your education and get a job.
You certainly can give it a shot. 

For details of visa application, do check up the website of the US embassy in Berlin.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/13 3:38 AM as a reply to TS TS.
Now that you are a resident of Germany, you can apply for Germany. Nepalis in Nepal, also cannot establish firm ties. Entire South Asians are potential immigrants. It is up to you to impress upon the visa officer that you will use the visa for tourist ic purpose an D's comeback. Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/13 8:40 AM as a reply to Buddi Lal Shrestha.
buddi:
Hi,
Help needed  

I am currently studying in Germany (Maser of science in Information Technology). And I am from Nepal.
I want to visit USA, spicially my brohter, who is  green card hloder of USA. So what is the procedure to get tourist visa. In this February 2014, I want to go USA, So what are the procedures and what is probability of getting visa. And is it helpful that brother has green card ??

Thanks

@buddi
Yes this should not be an issue, I was in a similar situation like yours and got 10 years Multiple entry visa within one week. But you will be needing following supporting documents;

- Letter from University, stating its semester break in February 2014 and a few sentences about how good your character is etc etc
- Your last transrcipt from University
- Your Health Insurance proof (and additional Health Insurance for Ausland/US)
- A strong Bank statement (>10K will be good)
- Official Invitation letter from your Brother in US.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best regards, Raj++

P.S: Although you should be in Germany for atleast 12 months before applying (dont know the exact law though)
P.P.S: this is not a legal advice
+2 (2 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18