Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue Card

Toggle
Blue Card
Answer
11/25/13 8:28 PM
Hi,
Am new to the forum and tried to find a question similar to mine before posting but could not find any. I arrived in Germany in Dec 2011 and satisfy the requirements for Blue Card from Day1 (salary wise and qualification wise). But came to know about the Blue Card only recently. I also have a B1 language certificate. I have also applied for the recognition for the foreign Educational Certificates and am going to receive it soon. My question is: Can I apply for Blue Card now and ask for 'Niederlassungserlebnis' directly (as I have already stayed for more than 21 months till now)? Do I qualify to get the Niederlassungserlebnis directly now. If so how do I need to approach the Ausländerbehörde in my case.
Please suggest.  Thanks a lot in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/13 8:23 AM as a reply to Kiran.
First of all the Blue Card was only introduced in August 2012, so you weren't eligible in Dec 2011.

Usually the officer will tell you when you renew the Aufenthaltstitel that you will receive a BC. You don't need to make a specific request/

There are two possibilities for NE:

- According to the rules, you can only apply for NE after 22 months with a BC and B1 certificate, so a pre-requisite is that you already have a BC

- You can get a NE if you stayed with a normal Aufenthaltstitel for 3-5 years paying all taxes and social security.

Since you qualify in none of these categories, I think the officer with decide your case. Best is to take an appointment and ask personally. They will tell you straightaway if you are eligible for NE or you need to wait.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/13 11:10 AM as a reply to Omkar.
My friend got Niederlassung based on Blue Card (19a) back in December 2012.
He directly apply for the Niederlassung and extra Blue Card application was not necessary.

They count his time from the day he was eligible for Blue Card it means his time even before the start dat of Blue Card (August 2012) was also taken into account.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott