Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Travel Insurance and Cover Letter Help!!

Toggle
Hi Guys,

I am new member to the community. I got an Offer from a Global MNC with presence in Dusseldorf, Germany.

I have two questions regarding applying Employment Visa in India Delhi.

1- Travel and Health Insurance -> the form says that I need to sign an undertaking that I will be taking health insurance while entering Germany. So wanted to know from the forum whether i need to apply for a temporary Travel health insurance before I enter Germany for first time or this singed undertaking that I will take one when I am in Germany will help my case.

2- Cover letter -> I understand that I need to provide the cover letter to support my application. I am planning to add following pointers to the application :-
- My Work Profile
- My education
- My skills related Certifications
Is there anything specific I need to add to the cover letter.

I hold a MBA degree (IT) and B.Tech Computers.

Thanks guys for help. Much appreciated.

LM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/13 5:58 PM as a reply to Lokesh Mudgal.
Better take a private health insurance for initial period of stay - example maybe 1 month time frame. This is just to make sure you dont have insurance while travelling. Once you are in Germany, your company will take care of insurance. 

You can also specify the time period you will stay - limited or unlimited and also past experience might help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/17 12:24 PM as a reply to Lokesh Mudgal.
Are you going to attach a resume or a CV to your message? In most cases, a cover letter only gives some details motivating a recipient to read the rest of the enclosed materials. However, if for some reasons, you’re not going to attach any additional documents, it’s ok to include all the necessary details about your education and working experience into your cover letter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/14 1:39 PM as a reply to Lokesh Mudgal.
Hello LM,

Congrats,

1) Contact your HR or some authorised representative of your employer . They can easily send you a form to register yourself wth the public insurance company (may be TK) . Send it back by filling and duly signed once TK acknowledges that they will issue a letter to your contact in Germany get a scan copy and show it. it will take at max 7-8 days. Depends on your contact how willing he or she is to get you that confirmation. and while flying from India as mani said take inititial travel n health insurance.

2) There is no specific format. However you may keep it small but precise. intro....wrkng wth bla bla...got selected wth bla bla...had a wrk ex of xx yrs....requesting approval for bla bla visa that's all. they will any way take your copies of higher degree and will check originals. agrred wth valdick regarding Cv n other points.

Regds
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/14 3:56 PM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Thanks for the input guys.. Apologies to get back to this post late.

I got my Visa and happily living in Germany now.. got the Blue card too, after 8 weeks in Germany.

For the Cover letter, I wrote a page about, why the job offered to me suits the needs for my professional growth and company I am employed with.

gave some reference to my global travel and certifications of my technology.

So, all things pretty much sorted out in the end!!

Thanks
LM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/21/18 11:18 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hello,
I have an insurance with TK starting from 1 August 2018 and have a private travel insurance from an Indian insurer from 8th August 2018 to 8th September 2018. I have to go to VFS for visa stamping tomorrow i.e. on 22nd August 2018. 

Please suggest if this should suffice?

Approval email from Consulate asked me to submit the following at VFS -
"[font="Times New Roman"]    Overseas travel and health insurance for the first 6 months of your stay in Germany."

Regards,
SJ
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3