Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Problem in Study Visa Extension due to 10 Years Rule

Toggle
Dear Friends,

Out of desperation I am posting this thread and with a hope to get some helpful infos. First of all a brief history about my particular case:
I have been studying in Germany for the last 8 years on Aufenthaltserlaubnis (§16), this tenure covers the initial German language course (6 months), Studienkolleg (1year), Diploma Pharmacy (changed after 6 months), Bachelors (3 years), Masters (2 years) and 8 months of my current PhD. All these degrees have been completed in proposed duration without even taking any extra semester with excellent grades. Now the Ausländerbehörde denies to extend my visa, since they claim that my PhD will take more than 2 years crossing the maximum student visa limit of 10 years (6 months to max 1 year). Although there is always some sort of "Ermessensspielraum" and exceptions can be made, not only for sickness or tragedies rather for bright students as well. But unfortunately the Ausländerbehörde has decided to be stubborn in this case. Nevertheless I was given two following options to continue with my PhD that either
I bring a "Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Vertrag" from the University, which in my case not possible since I have a scholarship and have permission to work for only 10 hours (max upto 450 Euros) beside the scholarship. Stipend will be cancelled in case of signing any contract of more than 10 hours. 
                                                               OR
I go back to Pakistan after cancellation of my Visa in Germany just with a travel document and apply for a new student visa. This will give me a new duration of 10 years (the old file with 8 years of stay in Germany will be closed and I wont be having any right to apply for Niederlassungserlaubnis using previous years) how funny emoticon 

Now my actual questions are:

1. Please share your experience, if anybody has faced such sort of surprising and unexpected situation ?
2. Is it possible to apply for Arbeitserlaubnis (§18) with a 10h / week contract ? if yes then under what exact conditions ? how high shall be the monthly income? In case the salary is not high enough, can a combination with stipend or a certain bank deposit works ?
3. Any suggestions which can have any positive implementation in this case ?

Your urgent replies in this regard will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks and best wishes,
Az
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/13 11:06 PM as a reply to Az Az.
Does any one have any idea .. that how many hour job is required to get work visa , transitioned from study visa ? or it depends on Salary irrespect of hours ??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/13 1:52 PM as a reply to Az Az.
In general there are some rules that you have to follow in order to apply for a visa, for citizens from Europe it is only necessary to have an identity card to entry Germany so It is not necessarty to have a visa.  Citizens from other countries have to stay in Germany for more than 90 days. To get visa and later the residence permit one need certain document. 

Many of my friends have same problem with Visa, so for all question about getting Visa in Germany I would suggest to check these resources, they got everything that you need : 

http://www.studying-in-germany.org/visa-and-entry-requirements/ 

http://www.germany-visa.org/student-visa/

http://studygermany.mawista.com/preparing-and-arriving-in-germany/#Getting_Your_German_Student_Visa
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/13 12:32 PM as a reply to DeborahR Rey Reyes.
If ABH is behaving as your wrote ,get a lawyer.  He will knock sense into them with only one letter. You can even go to lawyer available at university to first discuss your case with him. This service is free of charge. I am pretty sure there would be exceptions and lawyer would find out.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/13 12:41 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Which country would like to kick someone out after investing so much on him at university. But this will happen when officials without a university degree are handling visa cases of highly qualified people.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott