Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

RE: Birth certificate for German citizenship

Toggle
I had an appointment at KVR Munich in July 2013 for German Citizenship. The lady at KVR did not accept my birth certificate which I got from Indian consulate based on my passport. She asked me to get birth certificate from India and told that the Indian girl who took German citizenship before me got the certificate from India as well. I am from AP and currently it seems to be difficult to get it becuase of the telangana issue. The procedure to get the birth certificate seems to be very complicated.

I came to know that it is possible to register a birth till 15 years. After that, it is not possilble. Is this correct?

Is the birth certificate from Indian consulate not sufficient for the German passport application? Can I argue to accept my birth certificate from India?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/13 2:06 PM as a reply to Anil Thurimella.
I went to KVR Munich again and had a discussion on the birth certificate issue. She asked me to read this

"VG Ansbach 4. Kammer 17.04.2013 A2. AN 4K 12.02218
Identitätsnachweis -> Geburtsurkunde"

I am not able to find. Can you please help me to find the text?

It is not possible to get German citizenship if a person does not have a birth certificate?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/13 1:59 PM as a reply to Anil Thurimella.
can someone answer the questions above please?

What does the German Citizenship law tells about birth certificate requirement? If I dont have a birth certificate from my birth place, is the birth certificate provided by the consulate in DE not valid?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/13 5:20 PM as a reply to Anil Thurimella.
Hello,

As far as I know, the submission of birth-certificate is a must for applying DE citizenship. Sorry, but there is no way out. I had same issue and couple of my other friends too.

Unfortunately the procedure to get birth certificate (duplicate) is not so simple but also not impossible. You have to get record from the hospital where you were born, go with this to local registerar office and they will issue you a new one. Sounds easy but you know how it works over there.

Another simple way is to sign an affidavit stating that you were never issued a birth certificate because you were not born in a hospital but at home. Take this to the local registrar office. They will issue you late registration certificate and will charge you some extra fees for it.

I have also heard that you can out source such work to some company in India. They will charge you some money and will post you to Germany.

All the best
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3