Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: German citizenship

Toggle
German citizenship
Answer
9/4/13 9:43 AM
Hi all,

Could anyone let me know, what is required regarding the currenct visa status when someone applies for German citizenship? I know that non-EU people must hold a permanent residence permit when applying, but as far as I know some people apply for both (PR and citizenship) at the same time.

Is it necessary to have a job at that moment or during the application is processed? What if the person looses the job after applying for citizenship and before getting it? 

Also by aving done a PhD in Germany can one get citizenship after only 7 (or maybe 6) years?

regards,
Sara
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German citizenship
Answer
9/4/13 10:11 AM as a reply to Sara.
In every city there will be Einbürgerungsstelle, go and present your case, they will defnitely answer specifc questions.

Regarding job at the time of application: As far as I know one must have a permanent job at the time of application and if you loose job during the processing you have to inform them.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18