Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Validity of Blue Card after De-Registration

Toggle
Hello All,
I have a question regarding the validity of my blue card.
Below are some details.
1. I lived in Germany for more than 3 years and I applied for blue card in March 2013 with the work contract from my current employer.
2. I was issues a blue card with a validity of 3 years and the Zusatblatt says that the card is associated to my current employer and any changes to the job must be notified to the foreign office.
3. I later had to travel back to India in July 2013 as my assignment got abruptly ended.
4. I deregistered myself at the local Rathaus and travelled back to India.
5. I am currently living in India
Having explained my case, here are my questions:
  1. For how long is the Residence Permit valid with my Blue card after deregistration. I see a lot of blogs which says the residence permit gets invalid if I do not make it into Germany with in 6 months of deregistering. However, the FAQ on blue card clearly mentions that “Owners of the EU blue card can stay out of the EU for up to 12 months without losing the right of staying in Germany or the EU.”

Due to some personal obligation, I wish to stay as long as I can in India before the card gets invalid for residence permit. So please suggest the latest that I can travel to Germany
  2. If I have another opportunity from the same employer, what is the latest that I can travel with the same documents/blue card before the work permit gets invalidated? 
  3. If a new employer is ready to offer me a job which meets the requirement of the blue card. Can I enter Germany with the same card and a new work contract and again get locally registered? If yes, what is the latest that I can travel with the same documents/blue card before the work permit gets invalidated? If No, is the earliest that I can travel with the same documents/blue card before the work permit gets invalidated? Any information addressing the above queries will really help. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/13 9:02 AM as a reply to Sravan.
Hi,

I don't have an answer to any of the questions above, but rather I have a related question of my own which I hope someone can answer. The question is that if I have moved out of Germany for 5-6 months, how can I find out whether my Blue Card is still valid? Otherwise when I land in Germany, I might be stopped at immigration and sent back if the card is not valid anymore. The same question also applies for NE.

Thanks,
Hash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/13 5:12 PM as a reply to Sravan.
krishna_skv:
2. I was issues a blue card with a validity of 3 years and the Zusatblatt says that the card is associated to my current employer and any changes to the job must be notified to the foreign office. 

First of all, you were required to inform your local ABH as soon as you found out that your contract was going to be terminated early (see §82 Abs. 6 AufenthG).
krishna_skv:
  1. deregistration. I see a lot of blogs which says the residence permit gets invalid if I do not make it into Germany with in 6 months of deregistering. However, the FAQ on blue card clearly mentions that “Owners of the EU blue card can stay out of the EU for up to 12 months without losing the right of staying in Germany or the EU.”

The special rule for Blue Card holders (§51 Abs. 10) only applies to §51 Abs. 1 Nr. 7, however, if you left Germany to return home (de-registering, giving up your apartment, etc), it is likely that your permit is already void due to §51 Abs. 1 Nr. 6.

The answer to all your other questions hinges on whether or not your permit has already become void and contacting your (former) ABH would be the best place to start.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/13 5:21 PM as a reply to Hash Patel.
hashpatel:
The question is that if I have moved out of Germany for 5-6 months, how can I find out whether my Blue Card is still valid?
You can find out whether your permit is still valid by contacting your ABH. If you contact them before you leave, you can also arrange to extend the deadline for returning.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/13 8:40 AM as a reply to Sravan.
Hi Krishna, I am also exactly in the same situation as you. I had received the Blue Card in Feb 2013 and travelled back to India in June 2013 which was valid for my current employer. Now, after travelling back to India I am getting an offer from another company in Germany. I was looking for information whether my existing Blue card is still valid and whether it can be converted for the new employer. Please let me know if you have been able to get any response for your query it can be helpful to me too. Thanks AA
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott