Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Can a medical reason affect the granting of visa?

Toggle
Hello everyone,
I’m glad to discover this forum, very informative and can give light to many questions about life in Germany. I’m hopeful that this can also help me in my residence visa application and I thank you in advance for the kindness that everyone is sharing here. I just got married to German National and will soon to submit my residence visa application. There are 2 questions in the application that is tricky on my case which I am not so sure how to answer. Question says: Do you suffer from any diseases? Yes or No ? Do you have medical insurance covered by the Republic of Germany ? I am(HbsAg reactive) but never get sick or hospitalised on this and did not give me any trouble. All my medical test is normal and my doctor says I don’t need any medication. Can anyone help me what to answer or how to answer this question? Can this affect in granting me a visa? My husband has a stable work in Germany and paying his medical insurance, since we are married I am covered by his insurance. He also received a medical advice and protective on this.
Thank you very much.
jamejune
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Can a medical reason affect the granting of visa?
Answer
7/22/08 12:04 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
"ansteckenden krankenheiten" on the form -refers to communicable disease, which can spread easily like tubercolosis.

They are not interested to know about any other disease other than the above description.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 1:52 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
Well, as far as I know, they never check the veracity of that particular point, as said, it's only to know if you have some contagious disease.

I had a brain tumor when I filled my form back in 2000, I wrote "no" because I considered it to be only for something I can give people and they never care to know if I was sick or not.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 3:37 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
Thanks Stutt23 and NoBody for a quick reply. HbsAg is a contagious disease but I am not so sure if it will be considered “ansteckenden krankenheiten” since it can only be transmitted through blood and, generally through personal contact. Was it safe to answer “No” on my application?
Thank you very much.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 4:34 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
Girl, you're giving us a though one.
I can't really know for sure what you have to answer but if you *can* give it to people by personal contact, you better say 'yes' but that will result on surely be denied your visa.
If you say 'no', well, that would be lying but they still won't check it.

Your call.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 5:16 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
Hi NoBody,

Cool! Thanks for the reply. :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 5:58 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
Hello NoBody,

Maybe I wrote not proper/right words for *personal contact* lets say sexual contact. I just read that it is not highly contagious, and is not easily communicable. It is primarily an adult disease. Anyway, thank you for a very helpful reply.

Best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 7:45 PM as a reply to MJ Quanico.
Well, if it's that kinda "personal" and you're not planning on getting jiggy in the airplane :-) then just put "no".

Just joking, I don't think that's the kinda thing they are asking for to be informed about.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18