Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Surrender Certificate for OCI

Toggle
Surrender Certificate for OCI
Answer
7/9/13 8:09 PM
Dear Friends, 
I am looking for the Information about surrender certificate to apply for OCI.

I have got citizenship in stuttgart and in return I submitted my Indian passport. I do not got any confirmation or certificate which confirms that I have submitted my Indian passport. Even after asking they said there is not such certificate. They will send my passport to consulate in München.

But München consulate need such confirmation to issue surrender certificate.

That means I can not apply for OCI.

Do somebody has similar problem? Can you suggest what to do?

Pls reply.

Regards

R K
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Surrender Certificate for OCI
Answer
7/10/13 12:28 PM as a reply to R A.
Does that mean you surrender your Indian passport to the German authority and immediately they issue the German passport or does it takes some time to get the German passport after your surrender your Indian pass ?

Also i heard that when you directly surrender the passport to Indian embassy with copy of Einbürgerungszusicherung then the Indian embassy cancels the passports and we get a surrender certificate which can be shown to the German authority to issue a German Pass and still we can keep old cancelled Indian passport with us whereas if we give the Indian pass to German authority neither we get back the cancelled Indian pass nor a surrender certificate.Is this true ?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Surrender Certificate for OCI
Answer
7/13/13 5:32 AM as a reply to R A.
Dear Just4info

No documents/ certificates were issued to me as well when I surrendered my passport to the Town Hall in Cologne. This fact was known to the Consulate in Frankfurt and no fuss was made. The German Authorities dont issue a Naturlisation certificate without taking away your passport. That is rule, which I believe is followed universally in Germany.A copy of your naturalisation certificate should suffice to apply for SC and OCI.

@ shreedhark
As regards, getting German passport immediately on surrender of Indian passport. That does not happen. You get a naturalisation certificate confirming that you have German citizenship. You have to apply for your passport and perso and it takes about 2-3 weeks for all to be delivered from the security press. 

Hope the answers help.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18