Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue Card Requirement: Evidence of 5+ years of professional experience?

Toggle
Hi Trust7,

My name is Choi and I'm from Canada. I'm currently working in IT industry. I have more than 6+ years of professional experience. I don't have a university degree. I have secured a job offer in Germany and want to apply a Blue Card. As part of the EU blue card “higher professional qualifications” requirement, 5+ years of relevant professional experience is a must if one does not have a university degree(Regulation in § 19a).

My Question:  Is letter from previous employer is enough to prove that I have 5+ years of relevant professional experience?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

You are not eligible for a Blue Card since you don't have a degree and you'll have to apply for a regular work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Hi Arianne,

Are you saying the regulators wrote § 19a by accident or because they were high? please help me out???????
0 (0 Votes)

Although §19 Abs. 1 Nr. 1b makes it possible for the BMAS to specify professions for which applicants may substitute 5 years of professional experience for a degree, they have yet to do so. Therefore, you are not eligible for a Blue Card and must apply for a regular work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott