Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Separation needed to move to Germany

Separation needed to move to Germany
germany residence permit spouse visa family reunion visa
Antwort
05.06.13 19:23
Good day,

I was hoping that someone could give me some advice, as I have asked almost everywhere and read up as much as my head can handle!
Background: My husband is a British citizen, I am South African and we live in South Africa. We want to move to Germany. Our plan is to learn German, get my husband a job and then move together when he found one.
Problem: Sadly it's not so easy. I found out that I will have to get the family reunification visa. This visa is supposed to be meant for those who want to reunite with someone. I have no intention of separating with my husband.
The family reunification visa takes around 3 months. If my husband is to get a job, he will probably be lucky if they allow him to start only in a month's time, never mind 3 months. This means separation, leaving me alone to sell everything and do the visa things. This was supposed to be a family ordeal.
Yet I keep reading that people just get the 3 month visa, which I believe is probably the spousal visa, and then they get the residence permit after registering. Easy. I have asked the embassy about this, but they said its not possible to do this, even though I read of others doing this. I just can't believe that the only way to go to Germany is to separate. Why can't a family migrate together? By the way, I do not trust the answer I got was necessarily correct, as my husband and I have gone through the embassy's false information before in order for him to stay here; however it seems to be true when I look around for answers. I just want to know what the truth is. Can I get the spousal visa (short term) and then within the 3 months I am allowed to stay in Germany apply for the residence permit? Or must I get the family reunification visa (long term) and then apply for the residence permit once in Germany? Maybe I am even missing something?

Also, I read another forum where a man said that he is worried as he needs a job before he can renew his permit. Must I have a job or can my husband take care of me? Is there a minimum amount of money we must either have in the bank or get per month?

Thank you very much!
0 (0 Stimmen)

RE: Separation needed to move to Germany
Antwort
30.06.13 04:05 als Antwort auf Michelle.
Your husband needs an `German income certificate so that he can finance you in Germany.

But you should learn German. German Lession 1 - 22 at youtube, german-lernen.com and learn-german.com. 
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott