Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: How long I can stay back after my Residence permit expiry

Toggle
Hi ,

I am working in Germany for a German company from last 2 and half years. I have residence permit .My residence permit is about to expire in Oct' 2013. I have a indefinite work contract with my current employer(German company). But my employer does not want to give a letter to renew/extend the visa. He has his own selfish reasons for that.
Does that mean, I have to move out of germany when my visa expires ?
Or is there any way so that I can stay back.
Please help me .

-visanj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/13 9:56 AM as a reply to mahi.
Hi Visanj,

I can't give you any advice based on legal perspective and also I am new to this land. However, I remember asking .. kinda ..same question to ABH while my RP was being issued i.e, Do I need to have an invi letter for renewing my visa after the expiry? ...the response was...  you can simply apply with your work contract.So it might be a good idea to check with your local ABH.

And BTW I think now the permit will not be dependent on your earlier company it will be issued independent of any attachment with your prev. company so u might think of changn the job if u feel so..just FYI only.

And yes..if I may advice you check the criteria for blue card (if you can stick little long with the same company)...apply for a blue card and it will help you in the long run if you are planning to stay in Germany.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/13 11:31 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi,

hope2shines answer is correct!

And thanks for your support hope2shine emoticon

I need the support of experienced members to answer questions, because I do not have the time to answer all questions alone.

Thanks
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/13 11:48 AM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Detlef,

Trying to offer my two cents.. emoticon. Well saw some of your post and one thing which I observed.. your posts have great potential to inspire people.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/13 10:50 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
I would suggest to go with the contract and show the job contract. The ABH should be able to extend the visa on this base.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott