Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Employer not applying for Blue card but Work Permit

Toggle
Hi

My employer is applying for a Work permit in germany, when I inquired about the blue card they mentioned that most authorities usually reject people from IT companies for the Blue Card, and this is a grey area for some. Thus they only apply for the standard work permit. 
I will qualify for the Salary and education criteria for sure (Bachelors in Engineering + MBA), with a 12-18 months(time period still being finalized) contract to begin with. Looking at the websites for Blue card i am not able to understand as to why my case will be rejected.
My questions to the forum members are, do you find the same happening with IT workers? Is there an alternative way to apply for the blue card once the work permit is given to me, upon entering Germany?

For me the Blue card is important as it will enable my spouse to find work. 
Will really appreciate if someone could shed some light.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/11/13 11:41 AM as a reply to Bazinga!.
Hi,

I am really short of time, but you have choozen 'Bazinga' as your nick name so I guess you like the 'Big Bang Theorie' !?

Anyhow, what they told you is wrong! There is no 'normal work permit' / Blue Card difference, all work permit applications for Germany are under § 19 a Aufenthaltsgesetz (Blue Card law) and the German employer can not apply for it. He has to send you an employment contract and a cover letter and with these documents you visit your local German Embassy or Consulate and you yourself have to apply for the work permit.

Check the website of the Embassy/Consulate and check our Website/Forum and you will find lots of information.

Good luck

Detlef 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/11/13 11:51 AM as a reply to trust7.
@Detlef

Thanks for the super quick reply. 
Indeed am a big time Big Bang theory fan.

What I do know is that my employer will be applying for the work permit (they have  a team to manage this).
Just to make it clear, getting a Blue card is my action, and employer cannot influence it in anyway apart from of course the work contract details. So if i get a entry visa through the embassy, I can approach the local authorities for the Blue card, and the employer cannot influence that?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/11/13 11:53 AM as a reply to Bazinga!.
in short... YES!
+1 (1 Vote)

blue card dependent visa
Answer
4/23/13 12:31 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi

I have some more clarity now, i am sure than i cross the requirement for pay (it is definitely more than the limit), I also notice my university is also listed on the KMK website but the contract is 12 months to begin with (with a good chance of being extended). Will this be a hindrance for the Blue card application?

Also, was looking for dependent visa application, and they need degree certificates. My wife has her marksheets for both her degrees, but no degree certificates yet as some indian universities take a few years to issue them. Will the marksheets + Completion certificate not help? She has no german skills to circumvent this.

Any inputs on both the queries?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/13 12:32 PM as a reply to Bazinga!.
She should get her Provisional degree, if not for original one.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/29/13 11:10 AM as a reply to lgsamsung28 lgsamsung28.
Thanks @lgsamsung

Trying to get the document.
One last query, for dependent visa, do we need to submit original degree/marksheets as well (or the copies are fine) or it is just the original marriage certificate that is required?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott