Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: travelling with Aufenthalttitle eAT card

Toggle
Dear Friends,

I just got my Aufenthaltitle not on my Passport but on an electronic card. So there is no visa on my Passport or anything. Just the foriegn office gave me a card that this is Aufenthaltitle $18.

I need to travel to outside Germany to Asia. My question is, do I need something else to come back to Germany or this card will work in international airports etc... And can I re-enter Germany with this Electronic card?

Thanks in advance.
Telo
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/23/13 10:20 AM as a reply to telo tedd.
Yes show your passport and the card that's all. I travelled with these documents and it was not at all a problem.

P.s-not a legal advice.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/23/13 10:23 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Carry passport and the eAT card. by this time the immigration officers in the world would have been got used to eAT card form German travellers.

I traveleld to Aisa & USA without any problem. Don't forget to carry passport. eAT is only valid along with the Passport (outside Germany).
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/23/13 10:27 AM as a reply to telo tedd.
Thanks a lot for this help. I was worried.

have a good day.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/23/13 10:29 AM as a reply to telo tedd.
One thing to mention that me and my wife visa are limited in term of time.
Does it make any difference to eAT.

Sorry for a stupid question but just to check for second opinion.

Thanks
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/24/13 2:17 PM as a reply to telo tedd.
Hi te,

Strange..we have something in common.. emoticon Well I sometimes find myself asking some stupid questions ha ha emoticon

Well if I got ur question correctly, you mean to say that the validity period of the visa stamped on your passport  is limited (say 6 months). However ,I feel that in ur eAT they must have mentioned a validity date 'gultig bis 'XX-XX -20XX (may be valid till next three or four years). So if you are travelling within this date it should nt be a problem.

Ciao..Have a safe and happy journey.

P.s-not a legal advice.
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3