Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue Card - University researcher

Toggle
Blue Card - University researcher
Answer
4/22/13 12:01 PM
Hi guys,

first of all, I would like to thank you all and this forum! I have found so much useful information here.

So, here is the thing. For more than 6 months, I am working at the university with a working contract (payscale TV-L E13) as Research Assistant / PhD Candidate. In couple of months, my current contract will expire and I was thinking to apply for a BlueCard.

After visiting the KVR they impolitely said NO! They said that it is not possible to do it because I do a PhD (eine Promotion). I am a bit suspicious with their expertise (since the BlueCard thing is quite new and it all depends who you encounter in the KVR). I have read a lot and all the documents concerning this topic and no where it is stated such thing. My primarily job is being a researcher, I have a working contract that I will have for at least 3 years more. I work more than 40 hrs a week and my salary is around 40k EUR (I satisfy the condition of the shortage employments).

Why do they care if I might get a diploma after all my hard work?

Any advice?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/13 4:20 PM as a reply to rebellion.
Hi 

I am also working at the university as post doc. I have my Phd from Germany, when i enquired about the blue card last year (when i was still a PhD student) they refused simply and she had no patience to give any explanation why i was not eligible. 

Recently i received NE as i satisified all condition (5 yrs of pension insurance payments, etc).  

In my knowledge i have not heard anyone having a Blue card at the university. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/13 4:31 PM as a reply to ami fran.
research2012:
Hi 

I am also working at the university as post doc. I have my Phd from Germany, when i enquired about the blue card last year (when i was still a PhD student) they refused simply and she had no patience to give any explanation why i was not eligible. 

Recently i received NE as i satisified all condition (5 yrs of pension insurance payments, etc).  

In my knowledge i have not heard anyone having a Blue card at the university. 
Hi research!

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to find an extract in the Art. 19a but no where it is mentioned anything about it.

Nevertheless, is there anyone who could tell me if I am wrong because I DO satisfy the main condition and that is the working contract (payed by the state with the payscale which is around 40k eur). I do pay the Rentenverischerung and all the other contributions.

My primarily job is being a researcher at the university which includes researching (obviously), tutoring/mentoring, administrative jobs etc.

Thank you a lot guys for solving my issues!

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/13 10:21 AM as a reply to rebellion.
any PhD Candidates that have tried to apply or somehow managed to apply for a BlueCard?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott