Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: PR Validity

Toggle
PR Validity
Answer
12/4/12 11:39 PM
Hi,

I have a question about validity of the PR/NE under the Blue Card system. My understanding is that under the Blue Card system I can get PR after 21 months if I learn German up to B1 level. What I need to know is whether this PR/NE is valid for life, or for duration of my passport or does it expire if I go out of Germany for more than 6 months?

Thanks,
Hash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/12 9:32 AM as a reply to Hash Patel.
NE(PR) is valid for life (if you stay in germany). If you stay away for more than 6 months outside germany, it is invalid.
NE does not depend on passport, if your passport expires, get a new one and transfer your NE.

Baba
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/9/12 8:32 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
Hi Baba,

Thanks for the answer. So, they just cancel the resident permit after 6 months and the border control will not let you enter the country if you try? I was asking because my employer wants me to go on an international assignment to UK for one year (with transfer of payroll as well) some time in late 2013. I was hoping I could postpone the assignment till I get my NE, so I dont have any problems coming back.

But I guess, based on your response, if I stay out for a year, I will need to get a new work permit whether I have a NE or not. 

Regards,
Hash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/12 9:16 AM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Your visa will become void once you stay away for more than 6 months. If the border control verify your visa details then you will not be allowed for sure.
There are some lucky people who came through this problem.

Regarding your UK transfer, You can visit the foreign office and explain them your situation and I am sure in most cases they will allow you to stay for more than one year.

If you go to UK your NE may be delayed because of RV contributions.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/12 9:43 AM as a reply to baba shankar.
Hi Baba,

just a small correction. The possible stay outside under the Blue Card sheme is now 12 month!

Owners of the EU blue card can stay out of the EU for up to 12month without losing the right of staying in Germany or the EU.

§ 51 Beendigung der Rechtmäßigkeit des Aufenthalts; Fortgeltung von Beschränkungen

7. wenn der Ausländer ausgereist und nicht innerhalb von sechs Monaten oder einer von der Ausländerbehörde bestimmten längeren Frist wieder eingereist ist,

(10) Abweichend von Absatz 1 Nummer 7 beträgt die Frist für die Blaue Karte EU und die Aufenthaltserlaubnisse nach den §§ 30, 32, 33 oder 36 die den Familienangehörigen eines Inhabers einer Blauen Karte EU erteilt worden sind, zwölf Monate.

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/12 11:33 AM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks for correction Detlef,

So under blue card it is some what equivalent to "Erlaubnis zum Daueraufenthalt-EG (D EG)"?

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/12 9:41 AM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Hi All,

This situation is for individuals with PR. I have residence permit ³28 married to  German. I have potential job interview in other EU country and if I want to stay there and my husband lives in Germany and I travel once in a while would it have implications to my german residence permit.

many thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/12 6:03 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hello Detlef,

Regarding that special provision where a person holding EU Blue card can stay outside EU for upto 12months, without loosing visa, I found some info and would like to share with you.
"The residence permit will not expire in accordance with paragraph 1, No. 7, if only because of the time limit is exceeded meet statutory military service in their home country and the foreigner within three months after discharge from the military service again enters."

Is this correct?

Regards
Satish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/12 7:24 PM as a reply to S Kumar.
Hi Satish,

there is nothing mentioned about a special reason like military service or study or something. It is just written that 12 month are the limit for Blue Card holders and their dependents.

That's my point, I am not a lawyer, so this is no legal advice.

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/14/12 7:30 PM as a reply to A S S.
Hi,

as long as you keep your residence in Germany and you keep your husband ;-  it is clear that your so called 'Lebenmittelpunkt' (your centre of interest) is in Germany and you trips outside Germany because of work should not affect your status in Germany.

This is no legal advise!

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Blue Card Applicant Spouse Covering letter
Answer
12/17/12 11:30 AM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Team,

I need your help for a template to write a covering letter for my Spouse.

I have got a direct job with the German employer and they have sponsored me for blue card application.

So i wanted to take my spouse along with me as on the basis new law of Blue card Applicant spouse is entitled to work.

Awaiting for your reply ...!

Best Wishes,
Sophie
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Blue Card Applicant Spouse Covering letter
Answer
12/17/12 11:43 AM as a reply to Sophie.
Hi,

did you already apply for your visa in India? 

If not, in your application letter you have to write that you also apply for your family/spouse. That's it. 

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/12 1:53 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Detlef,

Thanks for a quick reply ..!

I have not yet applied for my visa but will apply soon right now I am collecting all the essential documents.

Can you please me to write my covering letter ?

what all should I mention in it?

1> I have a permanent work contract from German Employer alongwith Blue card Sponsorship
2> I am also applying for my spouse Visa under the new law of Blue card 

Please guide me my email id is learningalwaysrocks@gmail.com

Vielen Danke,
Sophie
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/12 3:43 PM as a reply to Sophie.
Honestly, 

do you think I am just here to serve you?

Believe it or not I have much to do. Why don't you 'google' the website of the German Embassy/Consulate for your region and look what they are asking for?

You do not need a cover letter for the spouse visa! You need a cover letter from the German employer and you have to apply for your own visa and for your spouse in the same form.

The spouse visa will take more time to be issued than the main visa, so do not expect to travel together. This is because the Embassy/Consulate will check some things before they give a spouse visa. Do not ask why, just search our forum. This has been discussed many times.

As soon as the spouse visa is given, it should include the right to work, becuase of the Blue Card law.

Good luck
Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Hi All,

I was browsing through internet to search for furnished apartment in Hannover.

But Not sure which is good company for searching furnished apartments in Hannover.

So in case any of  you can help with the information or contacts for the same would be very helpful for me.

I applied for Long term Visa in December 2012 on Blue card basis and recently got my Entry visa to Germany.

Best Regards,
Sophie 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/13 7:04 AM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Hi Hash,

Do inform us as soon as you get your blue card I remember you have appointment for the
same in the month of februrary.

Best Regards,
Sophie
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/13 2:04 PM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Dear Hashpatel
My case looks squite close you. Can you please give me your advice. As I already have NE and I am also going to UK for Job. I want to keep my NE as well. But I am not sure how to deal with my Krankeverschierung here. Do I need to cancel my Krankeverschierung and will it effect my NE. 
Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/13 10:27 AM as a reply to Sophie.
Hi Sophie,

Finally  received the Blue Card.
My appointment was on 4 Feb & I received the Blue Card on 28 Feb. So the processing takes less than 4 weeks. In fact, I received the letter from Berlin confirming my card had been issued on 14 Feb. However, the Munich office only confirmed the card on 27th. It seems the Berlin office has the process working smoothly now.

Also, I had a long wait for the Blue Card appointment, but that worked in my favour since the Blue Card has a validity of 4 years from date of application, so I received the Blue Card valid till 3 Feb 2017. If I had applied in October, I would have received the Blue Card valid only till October 2016.

Also, the Blue Card specifically mentions my employer and says that I cannot work for anybody else or on my own.

Regards,
Hash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/13 1:43 PM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Hi Hash,

First of all congrats for your blue card. Well I have gone through various threads in this forum and somehow unable to understand some points or rather advantages related to Blue card.

About myself-Working in germany since sept-2012,satisfy the conditions related to blue card.

If it's ok for you I will really appreciate if you could please clarify certain points.

1) I understand PR (or NE) and German citizenship are two different things. Is it so? With blue card you can apply for PR after 21 months and then yo can apply for citizenship in around 5 yrs. Is my understanding correct?

2) With blue card you are stuck with only your initial employer and can't change company if you feel like doing so in the near future. Is it so? (Considering that the regular work permit gets renewed after three years without any linkage with your previous employer.)

3) Well I am working in Germany since sept-12 on the regular work permit and they say I can apply for NE after aug-2015. And my wife is also going to join me in few days,the spouse visa has been cleared.Does it make sense to apply for blue card now?

4) What documents are required for the blue card.?

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18