Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Work Permit & Spouse Visa

Toggle
Work Permit & Spouse Visa
germany work permit dependent visa in parallel
Answer
4/10/13 4:47 AM
Dear All,

I have gone through this forum and gained a weath of information regarding visa process for which i am thankful. But still i have some doubts regarding my case, kindly guide me.

I am currently working in chennai in a software firm and recently got an offer for a temporary (1 year) shift of work to germany. Now my company is sponsoring the work permit and I must start work in germnay no later than Septermer 2013. But during this period i am getting married in June and so would also prefer my wife accompaning me in dependent visa. Also in May of 2013 i am travelling to germany for some disucssions in bussiness visa for 3 weeks. (I am a frequent traveller so i can get bussiness visa in 2 days which i am planning to do immediatly). In this scenario i would like to clarify the following relating to the visa process,

- If i apply for a work permit in April itself (before travelling in bussiness visa in May), will it affect the work permit process in any way.
    - If I apply work permit as "single" now and immediatly in June if my wife applies for dependent visa will it be ok or will the immigration offce take longer to validate the marriage. 
     - Is my work permit required to apply for dependent visa for my wife or just my job offer is enough,  If my job offer is enough, then can we both apply for work permit and dependent visa in parallel in June after the marriage. 

So in my case what is advisable?

- Apply my work permit now in april as "single" and apply for a dependent visa after marraige in June. 

(or)

- Apply both my work permit and my wife's dependent visa in parallel after marriage in June.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs. 

- Arun.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work Permit & Spouse Visa
Answer
4/17/13 8:22 PM as a reply to Dinesh.
I will try answering your question from the knowledge i have gain while applying for our spouse visa.

1. In most cases spouse of a person working for a company must clear A1 german exam in india to get the dependent visa. there are some exception to this like if you work at the university as a researcher or may be the blue card ( i am not very sure of this). so applying for the dependent visa before you arrive here might be difficult. So it depends on what kind of visa you will be receiving. If your company will process your visa application then may be you could apply for both of you.

2. applying as a single now and your wife applying in june - i think you will your wedding date fixed but now which you might state in your applicAtion. So that they are aware of your marital status change and you could submit your wife's application in june provided case allows both of you receiving visa together.

3. if you dont have the option to get dependent visa before you come here you need roughly about 2 months to get the visa after you come here. You need the following documents ( pls check vfs website for if this list is right)
- work contract, 3 months salary statement normally but may be exempted in ur case, house contract (house big enf for 2), marriage certificate, your wife education/ A1 german exam - in some cases.

4. you short business trip n your 1 yr visa shouldnt affect each other.

I suggest that you check what visa which you be gett and if the company would process it instead of you this would be the best case and mostly both could apply.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott