Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

RE: translation service ?

translation service ?
Respuesta
9/09/04 21:32
Hello Everyone.

Can anyone suggest economically not-so-expensive translation service person/company ?

I dont need any government-stamp/attestation after translation, just translation of some contracts from german to english..

I guess students would be most effective in this case, but if someone has any other opinion ?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: translation service ?
Respuesta
10/09/04 12:17 en respuesta a Striker Me.
jumbo wrote:
http://www.e-kern.com/lang_de/locations04.php

NoBody wrote:
the one I use is Mrs Sylvia Antz, she resides in Worms, she charges 7.5 euros per A4 translation and the cost of returning the papers to you once translated. She does it in 3 to 4 days, but you have to take care of the time taken by the post to deliver the pack.

Until today, I've always been satisfied by her services.

You can call her on 0624158051 to ask her for more details and how you should send the pack.

You can find her details on http://www.uebersetzer-liste.de/sylvia-antz/ but you have to ask her if she can also do German to english, as only French, Italian and German are written in her details.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
4/12/04 18:36 en respuesta a Striker Me.
THIS IS THE PLACE TO FIND ALL YOU NEED!
I have found the source for translators!!!
You might need to sign up for free, but it is worth it. I found services anywhere from FREE to about USD 0.02 cents, and more. Certified, non-certified, everything! Take a look around! You won't be disappointed!

<<<http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=wi>>>

or this one:

<<<http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=wi&pair=eng_deu&c=Germany&d=8&ml=1&submit=yes>>>

Good luck!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/12/04 16:45 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Thanks Michael, very good link and it seems to be like your first post :-)

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/12/04 21:14 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hello Nobody! (and everyone else)

It IS my first post, and I am very delighted that a forum like this exists!
I am attempting to relocate from the US to southern Germany, and will need any and all helpful and excellent advice from the good folks here!

I have been looking for work at the Arbeitsagentur.de/web page, found some listings, and have been TRYING to find and Agent to assist me.
I am a Master Goldsmith and Diamond setter wanting very much to relocate from here to over there.
Can anyone recommend any useful advice?
I DO speak some limited German, amd I am using the tools at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/index.shtml to brush up and learn more.

IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE that they think WILL HELP, please DO Email me at: michael_9679 (at) hotmail.com I will accept gladly any/and all help with great Thanks!
Michael
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/12/04 22:44 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Michael,

glad to have you around here and glad to get a new one relocating to Germany.

I got a good friend of mine who is also in this diamond thing, I will try to get in touch with him (he seems to have changed his number and I don't have the new one) and see if he can find some job in your area.

D.

PS He is not really in South Germany, a bit in the Center-West, in the Rhein-Main gebiet.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/12/04 17:44 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Michael, thanks a lot for the link.

I went thru them, but could not get any info on prices/rates.

Does each of those translators have to be contacted individually for their rates or there is some way of searching on rates as well ?

Cheers
Nitin Malhotra
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/12/04 17:59 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Nitin,

that's what I realized also browsing the link, and I think you have to contact them personnaly to have a quote, may be you could choose one living near you.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/12/04 15:06 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Since each person is a freelancer, you must open their link...some have "target rates" posted at the bottom within their profile, and with some you must contact directly and ask. Also, since many will do diferent types of translat. (cert- non-cert, etc) it is best to just send a quick Email describing the TYPE of service you want. Another thing...you can filter your searches by using different settings for the search (IE=require only search returns from those who have verified credentials, etc) I have noticed that many have "target prices" they want for thier work...but when mailed directly they will actually quote a much lower price (Hummm...hungry for work?)
I begin always by mailing off about 5-8 "request for quotes" at a time, and then wait a day or so for them to mail back. It is a VERY competitive way for us to bid OUR needs. Do NOT post your NEEDS on the work board, your price WILL BE HIGHER. It IS a bit of work, but your time, as is often said, costs you nothing, and you have much to gain. I am working with one guy who charges .02 cents USD for non-cert work! I found another who will do your first couple of items for FREE to build up his customer base! Do a little bit of "sweat equity" and you WILL be rewarded for the effort.
PS..I always choose a freelancer living IN GERMANY because they already speak the native tongue. I also signed up as a member...seems ALOT !!!more details are shown when you ARE A MEMBER of the site!...good luck with your searches.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
10/12/04 8:00 en respuesta a Striker Me.
My first time there I spent about one hour and found all that I need.
Yes, SWEAT EQUITY....you must search through and filter your search for the type of freelancer you seek: certified or non-certified, language, etc. I usally send off about 5-8 queries per day, then wait for a few days to see what they say. I usually provide a brief description of the type of translation needed, and request pricing, etc. Some profiles actually list a TARGET price per hour, but I have found that the actual price is often MUCH lower. The small amount of work IS WORTH the savings. I found one guy willing to provide FREE service for the first few tasks to build a customer base. Another was only .02 USD per word (non-cert)! Sign up, look around and mail off a few requests! Do NOT post work on the "board", you WILL get charged a higher price always.
This guy is my favorite for non certified English to German and vise-a-versa. He is very professional, speedy, and I recommend his service highly!
-->Dirk.Pohland(at)gmx.de
Give him a try, as I have ALWAYS been very pleased.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
10/12/04 8:12 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hey NoBody...You seem to know a little bit about this site...questions:

How do I find posts from other specific members, or mail them within this site (or do I just provide my Email for all to see here?)

How do I find threads from a specific member?
How do I find ALL of my previous threads (if I want to follow up on the issues?).

Is there a HELP file for this site?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: translation service ? @Detlef & Manuel
Respuesta
10/12/04 11:52 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Michael,

all the features that you are asking for are not implemented (at least not yet) on the site.

@Detlef & Manuel: maybe this can be considered as a feature request.

D.

PS And about the contact with others, we do post our email addresses here, it's the only way until now. May be in the future we could get to see a user profile and thus view his email address directly in.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
10/12/04 12:19 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Nobody, hi Michael,

these features and others will come! At the moment we have only the 'Search' function.

Ciao
Detlef
0 (0 Votos)

RE: translation service ?
Respuesta
13/04/13 8:10 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Yes you can call  Translation Excellence Inc. 720-325-0459. I have used their services for arabic to english translation.I am satisfied after using their service.Their traslation service is more then 20 language.They provide Legal ,Mediacal translation services. translationexcellence.com
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott