Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Is Verpflichtungserklärung mandatory?

Toggle
Hi,

I need to find out whether the Verpflichtungserklärung is mandatory for a visit visa for relatives. My parents are planning to come from India to Munich in the summer for 2 weeks. My father is a government employee and can show enough funds + assets to support the visa application on his own. However, he will be staying at my apartment and so cannot show any hotel reservations. I am planning to send him a simple invitation letter written by me saying he will be staying in my apartment. Will that be sufficient? Or is the Verpflichtungserklärung mandatory for family visits?

I am just trying to avoid wasting half a working day at the KVR and the 50 Euro fee, so if anybody has any experience about this, please let me know. The application will be submitted at the Mumbai consulate.

Thanks,
Hash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/13 9:44 AM as a reply to Hash Patel.
AFAIK it is. Things have changed these last couple of years regarding this issue, my mom is a diplomat,  2nd in charge of the Consulate of my homeland in another country and when she came 5 years ago, I didn't had to do any Verpflichtungserklärung, she just went to the Embassy, said she wanted to come visit me and she got her visa and came but when she wanted to come last year in August, I had to do one for her. So keep tight and go make one.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/13 8:36 PM as a reply to Hash Patel.
The verpflichtungserklärung mainly is a document which approves that you are financially supporting your parents trip and your financial resource was check here. When your parent could show enough funding you might ask the ABH for a simple document (not all ABH issues this but some eg. in dresden they issue but not in Augsburg) could issues a document where you fill in dates of their trip and state you will let them stay in ur flat. This simple form will be attested by ABH. You could check with your ABH if they have such a document in practice if so its much better than a informal letter. In case no such document exists a simple letter from your side much also work ( if a sensible person will interview your parents ). good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott