Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Marriage verification time- spouse visa

Marriage verification time- spouse visa
spouse visa family re-union visa marriage verfication dependent visa
Antwort
19.02.13 07:18
Hello,

i applied for family re-union visa from german consulate in delhi and my spouse is a german national and it's been more than three month now but still the ABH in germany is waiting for the marriage verfication report for german consulate in delhi, as being informed to my spouse in germany. although the investigation officer has already visited me here just the next week after my visa application but not sure what would be the next step and how long it gonna take for the consultate here to send the report to germany. wht's there criteria for the report, will it take longer time and so on......it's so much of pain we both are going through being away for long now.....

could anybody share their experience, in the similar scenario, provide any input here.

thanks a lot in advance.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.02.13 08:15 als Antwort auf rambo three.
Hi,

I can understand your situation, as i was and still doing through such situation. But yes, atleast i am out of the verification as it is already completed.

So, As you mentioned that your better half is a German national, so can i ask where you got married and from where you managed to get marriage ceritificate. As according to my understanding, this should be under special marriage act..? (to get marriage ceritificate)

My fiancee and myself, was also trying to get married in india and to get marriage certificate, but again, this procedure was really tough and time taking, because for that he should have some NOC and marriage applicabilty cerificate from Gemany (where it must be mentioned, that German authority have no problem if he wants to marry in India and they will also mention the status of my fiancee in that certificate, whether he is single or divorcee or anything else).

So we founf it better to apply for " Intended marriage Visa", under which i will get permission to go to Germany and there we will get married at marriage registrar officer and after that i will also get residence permit.

So, i think in your case, the marriage certificate which you have deposited at embassy, they will take lot of efforts to check the genuineness of it.

Thanks.

Regards
Minnie
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.02.13 10:43 als Antwort auf monika gerngross.
Hello Minnie,

Thanks for your prompt reply. seems you are already up on this roller coaster journey of getting married to a german national and handling the later issues of paper work. well, my case is similar to yours but the only difference is of marriage location. i got married in India and got our marriage registered in delhi itself. my wife got the requisite documents which were required to get the marriage registered in delhi and according after all the verfication of the documents the marriage registrar approved our marriage and issued the marriage certificate. well it was as per the hindu marriage act. so we had to provide the temple certificate as well to the marraige registrar, which we already had as we did the marriage in temple only.

well i m bit into the next stage comparing to yours but seems the process has little similarities to some extent where in the verifcation process here in India seems to be similar. may be you got married here or getting married in Germany. well good luck to you. i was wondering if you are appearing for the 2nd round of interview this time, is that for your case only or is it for all those whose spouse is a german national..................

thanks
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
27.02.13 17:46 als Antwort auf rambo three.
Hi

I think in any kind of visa application, there is only one interview round. So as in mine too.

I am waiting for some documents (coming from my fiance's side), once i will get that i will take a interview appointment. And recently i got this information also, that my case will not take 3 months after giving interview, as my documents were already verified by the embasy.

:-)

I hope the best for you too. Hope you will also join your wife soon. emoticon
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.03.13 14:27 als Antwort auf monika gerngross.
Hi Rambo & Minnie,

My spouse is a German national and we applied for the family reunion visa on 21st February 2013 at Mumbai embassy.

I haven't heard anything from the embassy so far. How long did it take for the embassy to inform you that a verification process has been started and regarding the amount that you had to pay ?

How did they inform you ? Post, email or phone ?

Any updates in your status ?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.03.13 04:48 als Antwort auf Dhaval Desai.
Hello Everyone,

Finally i got visa stamp on my passport on 20th March 2013. Here is the entire journey:-

-applied on 12th November,
-After 3 months of  documentation check and marriage verfication information was sent to alien's office in germany.
-took almost 12 days for the information to get back from the alien's office in Germany to get back to embassy in New delhi.
-took 10 days for the final approval letter to be approved in german embassy in new delhi.
-took 4 days to get my passport stamped for visa.

The
entire process took about 4 months and one week. Guys, you really need
to be patient if you are applying for family re-union visa. some of you
might be lucky to get it sooner but atleast i was not getting it
quickly. at the end of the day i would say one who can keep enough
patience can only sail in this roller coaster. one small advice, don't
bother embassy again and again over phone for asking about the time
taking for the visa. always use email as mode of communication, if you
don't get any reply that it is understandable that things are in a
process so better to keep patience. Before getting the approval doesn't
make sense to ask them to rush up.

Thank you all for your help
and moral support. believe me it was not easy for waiting such a long
time and being away from your partner.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
+2 (2 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.03.13 15:15 als Antwort auf rambo three.
my doubt is whether German embassy gives the final approval to german consulate in India or consulate gives the approval. In my case its more than four months from date of application, when i called up the consulate in chennai, they say they are waitng for the approval from Germany. Please someone help. Waiting is really killing...emoticon
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.04.13 12:49 als Antwort auf saral.
Hello Sheeri,

Even i also got the same question in my mind.

When ABH told me to bring original certificates, they verified and said, the documents are ok. But the approval vl be given by the consulate in India.

I wonder by their answer.

Regds
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.04.13 13:12 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Guys,

For Long term visa final approval authority is always the concerned ABH of the city but there is a long process before that. approval and verification of all documents ( NOT ISSUED BY GERMAN AUTHORITIES) is responsibility of concerned embassy. That is also one of the factor causing delay in process.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.04.13 13:17 als Antwort auf deepak.
The ABH beamter said, the chennai consulate wrote letter in a good manner about the application. But the beamter wants to confirm whether this marriage certificate is acceptable or not, from chennai consulate although i shown ABH (as requested) them all the certificates in original as it was requested by them.

What will happen in this situation?

Now if it goes for verification, i have to send my original certificate again to india?

Kindly give your suggestion now
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.04.13 17:48 als Antwort auf rambo three.
Hi,

As per German Consulate for Hindu Marriage Act following are needed for spouse visa:
1) Marriage certificate
2) Temple Certificate 
3) Conversion certifica - if applicable
4) Photographs

1) ok- My marriage was done in Chennai and we have marriage certificate - both english and german translated version. - No issue
2) Is there a need for temple certificate also ????? - Can some one help on this 
3) Not applicable
4) Photo's  -Yes we do have all the photo's - no issue 

Please advice.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.04.13 16:19 als Antwort auf moon mal.
moonmal:
Hello Sheeri,

Even i also got the same question in my mind.

When ABH told me to bring original certificates, they verified and said, the documents are ok. But the approval vl be given by the consulate in India.

I wonder by their answer.

Regds
Hi Moonmal,

I need your reply soon. Its been a week since the central foreign office has sent my report back to consulate, Chennai. Still I have got any call. I called last wednesday to check and they told it has not come yet. So can I make a call tomorrow again and check?. How long does it takes for the consulate to intimate us after the documents are sent from Germany. Its close to four months from the date I have given the documents for verification. Everydy waiting for the call from consulate has become a part of my life. I badly need to end it. Please help me.

regards,
Sheeri
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.04.13 17:38 als Antwort auf saral.
Hello sheeri,

By seeing your situation, i feel really sad.

From germany if they intimate their approval, it vl not take more than 2 days. But it is also concerned with the chennai consulate to give approval or not?

What is lagging in your case, i m not sure? 4months is really too long...

In my case ABH said last thursday, just they sent letter to Chennai consulate. They dont want to tell anymore about their decision.
So I was worried, what would be the letter states. But today luckily the consulate called my wife and said the approval came and ask to submit her passport and itenary.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.04.13 17:59 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Marriage verification was the reason,  its taking so long. So I ll call up the consulate tomorrow and ll update you.I am happy that  your wife got her approval emoticon.

Rgrds,
Sheeri
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.04.13 11:10 als Antwort auf Mani.
Can anyone inform me regarding the below query....

is there a need for temple certificate ????? 

Also for spouse visa - is it required to get certificate from House owner stating the space is adequate for family to join or if contract mentions total area is it good enough.

Thanks
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.04.13 12:43 als Antwort auf Mani.
Hi Mani,

is there a need for temple certificate ????? 
Temple certificate is not needed. Only ur marriage certificate will do.

Also for spouse visa - is it required to get certificate from House owner stating the space is adequate for family to join or if contract mentions total area is it good enough.

It is better to get house owner confirmation, stating that your wife can stay with you as long as you are there in their apartment.

All the best for your wife to get visa and join you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.04.13 13:06 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Thanks moonmal.

For House owner confirmation, is there any format to be followed or it can be self prepared one.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.04.13 13:28 als Antwort auf Mani.
No. It is self prepared by your house owner. In my case my house owner prepared herself in both languages, german as well as english.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.04.13 14:18 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Ok. Will check with my House owner - Anyway better to have extra supporting documents.

Thanks alot for your help 
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18