Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: spouse visa(family reunion) - Urgent Reply required

Toggle
Dear all,

1.verification of documents done here in New delhi.
2.information has sent to ABH in Germany.
3.ABH has sent back the report/information back to delhi embassy after verfication about my wife documents there.

It's been 9-10 days since the ABH has sent back the report/information about my family reunion visa to German Embassy in New delhi. I have already wrote an email to embassy here last week but no reply so far.

Any idea now how much time would the embassy here in delhi take for their decision on my visa application???

it's been near to 4 months now(one week less) since i applied for the visa and still the visa is pending. it's really an everyday pain without my partner. what to do???????????

thanks to all.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/7/13 1:38 PM as a reply to rambo three.
rambo3:
Dear all,

1.verification of documents done here in New delhi.
2.information has sent to ABH in Germany.
3.ABH has sent back the report/information back to delhi embassy after verfication about my wife documents there.

It's been 9-10 days since the ABH has sent back the report/information about my family reunion visa to German Embassy in New delhi. I have already wrote an email to embassy here last week but no reply so far.

Any idea now how much time would the embassy here in delhi take for their decision on my visa application???

it's been near to 4 months now(one week less) since i applied for the visa and still the visa is pending. it's really an everyday pain without my partner. what to do???????????

thanks to all.
If ABH had reported back to the delhi embassy then it means that your passport is ready for stamping. Do not send emails. Better contact them over phone or go there directly. In my case i too was waiting and when i contacted them, they told "yeah it is approved, we tried to call you but could not contact you. submit passport and itinerary"  so once you are confirmed that ABH had sent report back, contact the embassy directly by phone or in person
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/7/13 5:21 PM as a reply to Natraja Muthu.
I second you. The Embassy probably receives hundreds of emails each day. So makes more sense to me to call them or just ask your wife to go with her passport, if she lives in Delhi itself.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/13 11:16 AM as a reply to Natraja Muthu.
hello and thank you for both the replies. it was really bad feeling till today as things were pending with no result. my wife again called the ABH(in germany) today to cross check if everything is fine, approved and sent back to embassy in new delhi. i am thinking to call them the coming week but the only issue is that the last email which i got from the delhi embassy after the documentation check(before embassy sent the information to ABH) says that once we get the information from Aliens and the decison is taken then we would inform you in writing. So I am thinking would it be still ok to call them although i wrote a mail to them first which it's been a week now i haven't got any reply.

what would u suggest pushing things would serve as ultimately what??? or calling them n saying that i got the apporval from Germany now....my wife in germany is thinking on the same lines.........but still it is hard to keep on hold after knowing that approval is now done from ABH in germany. do they also have they approval in new delhi on top of what they got in report back from germany and so on....................?

thank u all
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/13 1:01 PM as a reply to rambo three.
rambo3:
hello and thank you for both the replies. it was really bad feeling till today as things were pending with no result. my wife again called the ABH(in germany) today to cross check if everything is fine, approved and sent back to embassy in new delhi. i am thinking to call them the coming week but the only issue is that the last email which i got from the delhi embassy after the documentation check(before embassy sent the information to ABH) says that once we get the information from Aliens and the decison is taken then we would inform you in writing. So I am thinking would it be still ok to call them although i wrote a mail to them first which it's been a week now i haven't got any reply.

what would u suggest pushing things would serve as ultimately what??? or calling them n saying that i got the apporval from Germany now....my wife in germany is thinking on the same lines.........but still it is hard to keep on hold after knowing that approval is now done from ABH in germany. do they also have they approval in new delhi on top of what they got in report back from germany and so on....................?

thank u all
what you tell is right. Even i was thinking how these people will react. So i just called the consulate and told that my wife was on a trip where her mobile was not reachable and also we got info from ABH that it is approved, so we wanted to know in the mean time the consulate had called or not. then they told that it was approved and asked to submit the passport and itinerary
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/13 3:39 PM as a reply to Natraja Muthu.
Hello,

I tried to contact the Embassy(new delhi) today. first of all the line was too busy but later when i could get through, the person at the phone couldn't connect me to the visa officer and told me one or the other reason(busy, not on the seat, in the meeting and so on). couldn't help it.

I send them another mail but till evening with no reply. can not go to the embassy without an appointment and that too i will have to check if i will be able to get via VFS as normally for such reasons they give it or not. Me and my wife are in a real pain now staying away for such a long time time. visa application is still not finalised even it's 4 months now. oh God! please help us what to do. so many decisons are pending because of this visa issue. is it a crime to get marry to a German citizen??? it really hurts and very painful !!!!!!!!!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/13 9:45 AM as a reply to rambo three.
Even though one can clearly understand your situation and the pain, unfortunately, it must be said that you might need to have a bit more patience. Yours seems to be an extreme case. It is beyond me that the Ausländerbehörde shows such inhumanity in my opinion towards us. They have absolutely no regard for family when it comes to foreigners. Even though some people who got their visas early might beg to disagree, but it is that in most cases, people require about 3 months. Dont they grasp that after one is married, they would want to start living away together rightaway? Do Germans start living together after 4-5 months of their marriage? NO. The simplest of thing is and it must be said repeatedly, is they DO NOT want many foreigners. Thats the bottomline. There is a great mismatch between what the politicians say and waht the reality is.

In this regard i found the article by Detlef, who showed his disgust with the laws in germany, to
be really nice. It atleast gets to show some people get it how hard it is.

The people in the ABH have zero concern for so called fachkraft. Although i must admit there are always nice people, but in these economic times, it is all the more difficult to find friendlier faces at the ABH.
Just hang on a bit more. I know its easier said that done but having had lived through this experience myself, i know that there is nothing more painful than this. All i can say is unfortunately, despite having had learnt so much in Germany, to advise the next generations against such coming to Germany. Such treatment is inhumane. Somehow the people who support such laws always find an excuse, saying: Oh its your fault. People fake documents and hence we require time to verify everything sothat the right person comes in to Germany? Seriously? It does not require a high IQ to understand that for people who have been living legally in Germany, for a long time, it is less probable that he/she mgiht fake documents. Yes it all boils down to probabilities. Because noone can be absolutely sure of anything...

All the best man...
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
3/13/13 10:49 PM as a reply to rambo three.
HI Rambo,

I am beginning to think that the Consulate/Embassy prolongs the visa approval process in the case of first-time applicants. I've read in other forums that spouses who had already made one successful visit to the Schengen area, their applications were treated faster. I completely agree that the Foreign Mission and ABH need to be sensitive when it comes to family matters. I don't think you can do more than keep trying each day to contact the Embassy for a response.

Good luck!
-1 (1 Vote)

Answer
3/21/13 4:48 AM as a reply to Omkar.
Hello Everyone,

Finally i got visa stamp on my passport on 20th March 2013. Here is the entire journey:-

-applied on 12th November,
-After 3 months of  documentation check and marriage verfication information was sent to alien's office in germany.
-took almost 12 days for the information to get back from the alien's office in Germany to get back to embassy in New delhi.
-took 10 days for the final approval letter to be approved in german embassy in new delhi.
-took 4 days to get my passport stamped for visa.

The entire process took about 4 months and one week. Guys, you really need to be patient if you are applying for family re-union visa. some of you might be lucky to get it sooner but atleast i was not getting it quickly. at the end of the day i would say one who can keep enough patience can only sail in this roller coaster. one small advice, don't bother embassy again and again over phone for asking about the time taking for the visa. always use email as mode of communication, if you don't get any reply that it is understandable that things are in a process so better to keep patience. Before getting the approval doesn't make sense to ask them to rush up.

Thank you all for your help and moral support. believe me it was not easy for waiting such a long time and being away from your partner.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18