Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Urgent - information/help needed

Urgent - information/help needed
Respuesta
13/03/13 11:37
Dear all,

I have been working in Germany for an year for a university. My contract and so my resident permit is going to expire in end of April. Till yesterday I was given a hope that I will get an extension but due to some funding issues and other internal problems my employer is not able to give an extension. But I would like to stay here with my husband and he is doing his phd. I can't try for a dependent visa as the time is too short now. So can I get a temporary visa for 3 months to look for some jobs?

Please somebody advice.

Thank you so much.
Regards
Neha
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
13/03/13 16:09 en respuesta a Arun a.
1) It depends on the ABH, in some cases they have given and some only 15 days.

2) I think you can still apply for spouse residence permit or consult a lawyer.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
13/03/13 22:39 en respuesta a Arun a.
HI Neha,

What kind of resident permit do you hold?

Did you pursue a degree in Germany? As a German degree holder, you are entitled to 18 months of job search visa extension. 

Is your marriage recognised in Germany? If yes then the situation becomes much easier.

If I were you, I would approach the ABH and give them the complete picture. Answers to the above questions may hold the key to the possibility of the ABH giving you an extension.

Another option would be to find a temporary or short term positions, which could also justify your extension and give some breathing space.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott