Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Longer term visa for parents

Toggle
Longer term visa for parents
Answer
3/8/13 9:49 AM
Hi all,

There is a little good news for those who are looking for longer term visa for their parents.
My mother applied for Schengen Visa (family visit visa) at Mumbai Consulate last month.
She has already travelled to Germany two times before and this was the third time, she was applying for Schengen visa.
This time she got the visa for 1 year. Of course with the restriction that she can stay up to 90 days within 6 months.

Gruß.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/13 2:46 PM as a reply to max leo.
Thats good to hear. Today my parents went for the visa interview at chennai. They have laready visited Germany in 2009 and 2011.  I even got formal obligation letter from RATHAUS for 3years and we mentioned the same in the covering letter for 3 years visa. But My parents were told during the interview that such type of visa will be issued to only business people and its complicated for visitors. Let me keep my fingers crossed till the visa is issued.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/13 1:43 PM as a reply to max leo.
maxl28:
Hi all,

There is a little good news for those who are looking for longer term visa for their parents.
My mother applied for Schengen Visa (family visit visa) at Mumbai Consulate last month.
She has already travelled to Germany two times before and this was the third time, she was applying for Schengen visa.
This time she got the visa for 1 year. Of course with the restriction that she can stay up to 90 days within 6 months.

Gruß.
Hello,

Great news! So prior travel to Schengen countries without any violations of rules seems to help a lot. Just one question: DId your mom specifically request a longer validity visa in her application?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/13 4:11 PM as a reply to Omkar.
@10dulkar

Yes, we specifically asked for longer term visa in the covering letter as well as to the lady at visa counter office.
And this was also written on Verflichtungserklärung.

Greetings.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/13 3:48 PM as a reply to max leo.
Just an update: 

Unfortunately my parents was issued only with 90 day visa. Even though my parents have visited me two times they couldnt get the longer period visa..

Visa officer was saying that longer visa are only for business people....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/26/13 10:24 AM as a reply to Sudar Sankar.
Hi sudarg,

Thanks for an update.

Reference to faq no. 7 of following pdf might be helpful:
http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3194868/Daten/2296352/download_faq_visa.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/13 11:19 PM as a reply to max leo.
Hello,

Thnaks for sharing the information.

My parents have visited Germany several times in the last years but always on schengen visa (valid for 3 months). But this time I would like to try for a longer visa. I was told that the formal invitation/obligation letter (Verpflichtungserklärung) issued in Germany only allows for 3 months of visa and if someone needs a long term visa then one should try with Ausländeramt (Foreigner Office). Any one having experience? Can some grounds be given (e.g. to help with the caring of grandchildren) to apply for long term visa?

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/13 12:42 PM as a reply to Vicky B.
Hi Vicky,

My mother got 1 year Schengen Visa (Family Visit Visa) with obvious restriction that she can stay up to 90 days within 6 months, see my first message in this post for further details.

I would also love to have a longer term visa for my mother. But till now I have not heard any case in which parents have been granted a longer term visa.

I am also planning to visit ABH to inquire about this matter. Please share your experience if you have visited or planned to visit ABH.

May be these links might help:
http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/91782?_19_redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trust7.com%2Fforum%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fsearch%3F_19_keywords%3Dsubsequent%2Bimmigration%2Bfor%2Bparents

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_aufenthg/englisch_aufenthg.html#p0398

Servus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/14 9:08 AM as a reply to max leo.
@maxl28: This year my mom and sister were also granted 1 year validity Schengen visas by Mumbai Consulate. However, what confuses me is the following:
Validity from 13-05-14 until 12-05-15
Number of entries: MULT
Duration of stay: 90 days

Now does that mean she can stay only 90 days during the 1 year visa validity, or can she come back again after after staying in Germany 90 days in a period of 180 days?

Nowhere on the visa stamp do they mention about this. In any case, I want to avoid that she travels to Germany and faces problem at the immigration.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott