Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse Visa Process

Respuesta
21/02/13 10:22 en respuesta a moon mal.
Hi Moonmal,

Seems like you are a man in a hurry....

Anyways will  suggest you to just wait and do nothing becoz in actual when the case comes to concerned officer you may not need any of these or may need something different. The reply you received from ABH was a generic answer without any specific awareness about ur case. When ur case will come to case officer he or she will decide the requirements and contact you. All your efforts can go waste.

Its good to be pro active with your case knowing that it is long process but starting follow up after one week for a process of 3 months does not help in anyway. this will not help you in any way from escaping the verification process which sometimes otherwise (rarely) is not asked by ABH.

wait for some time and this will certainly reduce your efforts. Just a suggestion and best of luck.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 10:27 en respuesta a deepak.
Hi DeepZ,

Thanks for your suggestion. Even i m also thinking of waiting. May be the concerned officer may ask different things as you said. 

For Blue card, the ABH person asked me to bring the marriage certificate with original and also the translated and also other documents. May be at this time, will they accept my marriage certificate or not , let me know..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 12:36 en respuesta a moon mal.
Hi Moonmal,

Which City are you living?

Is it that, they ask for the documents for BC holders also?

For spouse visa for my wife, she had submitted on 7th February, but still there is no information from the ABH.

Do you have any idea about how many days it will take for the ABH to call for the documents?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 12:49 en respuesta a Natraja Muthu.
indianingermany7:
Hi Moonmal,

For spouse visa for my wife, she had submitted on 7th February, but still there is no information from the ABH.

Do you have any idea about how many days it will take for the ABH to call for the documents?

6 weeks is the noraml processing time for spouse visa. Any quries from the applicant side to ABH will make the case complicated with eventually leads to marraige verification.

If ABH wants anything, they will contact you. If your spouse has submitted all the papers in the embassy, the ABH will not need to call you for papers.

MyCase:  submitted all the papers (house contract, salary slips, health insurance..) directly in India. So did not get a call from ABH and visa is issued in 4 weeks. No calling to ABH or embassy. It's that simple. Don't know why people make things complicated by calling embaasy and ABH right from the day one of application.

Tipp to live in Germany: Have Patience while dealing with any officer (ABH, Renteamt, Bank, car registarion...)and plan in advance. It's different than in India and USA.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 12:53 en respuesta a coolguy munich.
Hi,

Thank u so much for your valuable points. Let me wait as you all said, for the call from ABH.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:02 en respuesta a coolguy munich.
Thanks a lot for the information!

I too have learnt how patience is important in Germany, and thats why i am still waiting without any actions from my side like calling or visiting some officer.

My spouse has not submitted the health insurance during her submission,.
Will that be asked by the ABH or is it only on a Need only basis?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:03 en respuesta a Natraja Muthu.
If they find it necessary, they vl call you and ask.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:05 en respuesta a coolguy munich.
Hi coolguyinwuppertal

Since that you have been through the process. Can you share your experience of the different statuses given by VFS in the online tracking.. I mean, what are the sequence of statuses?

Also if the Visa process is over, the request for submission of passport in the consulate for stamping....will it be informed over phone or we have to check status with VFS.

It will be gr8 if you could share this information
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:49 en respuesta a Natraja Muthu.
indianingermany7:
Hi Moonmal,

I live in Essen. From which city you are from?

I dont know about BC holder. Because i am yet to apply for BC.

All my frds saying it takes atleast 2 to 3 weeks.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:50 en respuesta a Natraja Muthu.
indianingermany7:
Hi coolguyinwuppertal

Since that you have been through the process. Can you share your experience of the different statuses given by VFS in the online tracking.. I mean, what are the sequence of statuses?

Also if the Visa process is over, the request for submission of passport in the consulate for stamping....will it be informed over phone or we have to check status with VFS.

Healtinsurance - I menat my health insurance (TK) in germany. That enough as ABH people know that the wife is automatically covered under public insurance.

Truly, I never bothered to check the status on the VFS website. They are just an outsourcing company employed by German Embassy.They will create thier own set of rules and documents.

You will be called over phone to submit the passport for stamping.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:55 en respuesta a moon mal.
moonmal
I live in Essen. From which city you are from?

I dont know about BC holder. Because i am yet to apply for BC.

All my frds saying it takes atleast 2 to 3 weeks.

I am from Fuerth. I too am waiting eagerly on one side and on the other side, compelled to be patient emoticon
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 13:57 en respuesta a coolguy munich.
coolguyinwuppertal:
indianingermany7:
Hi coolguyinwuppertal

Healtinsurance - I menat my health insurance (TK) in germany. That enough as ABH people know that the wife is automatically covered under public insurance.

Truly, I never bothered to check the status on the VFS website. They are just an outsourcing company employed by German Embassy.They will create thier own set of rules and documents.

You will be called over phone to submit the passport for stamping.
Thanks for the information
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 14:09 en respuesta a Natraja Muthu.
From which part of india your wife has applied?

You got your marriage certificate apostile ? or you have did your translation of your marriage certificate here?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 15:28 en respuesta a moon mal.
moonmal:
From which part of india your wife has applied?

You got your marriage certificate apostile ? or you have did your translation of your marriage certificate here?
My wife applied from Chennai consulate

I did not get the apostile of Marriage Certificate.
I got the translation done in Chennai from indo german chamber of commerce

But never worry about the things given in these forums. because every process is a separate case
They wont ask everything from everyone. Translations and Apostile are not mandatory at all.
Only in rare cases this happens. In such a case, you can think about those thing only if asked by consulate or ABH. Otherwise, sit relax and be patient. will keep you updated about the process if i get any intimation. the same process should be happening on your side 7 days later (1 or 2 days front and back) because we applied 7 days earlier to you.. so just keep calm..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 17:06 en respuesta a moon mal.
Regarding legalisation or apostille
there are two steps

a. It has to be authenticated by the generral admin/home dept of the state it was issued from . The difficult and time taking part

b. MEA puts a sticker . very simple process takes two days in delhi and Rs. 72 only. 

If your marriage certificate is issued by SDM Delhi then process (a) is not required. 
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/03/13 13:14 en respuesta a Bikash Agarwal.
Finally today my wife visa got stamped...here are the timelines

16:01:2013 Contacted VFS for appointment and submitted documents for verification (got appointment on 19th Feb)
22.01.2013 Contacted VFS for getting the verified documents and changed the appoinment to 07th Feb since there was a vacant slot
07.02.2013 Personal interview at Chennai consulate and submission of documents
14.02.2013 Received the  passport from VFS after preliminary check
28.02.2013 Approved by ABH in Germany (this information I got by calling ABH on 04.03.2013)
06.03.2013 Called Chennai consulate (since we did not get any calls) in hotline and checked whether passport can be submitted and they told to submit passport and itinerary. So submitted on the same day to VFS
08.03.2013 Visa stamped and received from VFS

My wife submitted only the documents specified in the chennai consulate for family reunion visa. Along with that a german translated marriage certificate was also submitted. There was no verification and also no more documents were asked from consulate or ABH.

Thanks a lot for the people in this forum who helped me in giving information at different points of time. The member with nickname 'moonmal' really supported me a lot mentally and i wish and pray for him and also everyone here waiting to start living with their spouse in germany. if you want to know what i could advice everyone is 'Be Patient and things will go on fine and at the same time keep track of things happening in consulate and ABH' very trickyy..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/03/13 10:00 en respuesta a Natraja Muthu.
Dear All,

Now i got a letter from ABH, to come and show the original document of Marriage certificate, arbeitvertrag and salary statememnt for last 3 months and also Health insurance.

In case of Health insurance, they mentioned like below,

Nachweis Ihrer abgeschlossenen Krankenversicherung und den zu zahlenden Beitrag

so as i understand, they want the proof for the completed health insurance and payment contract. Such kind of document have been not given my TK anytime. 

Does any one got an experience? How to get such documents.

Please reply.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/03/13 10:23 en respuesta a moon mal.
Hi Moonmal,

Good morning ,

Well I am not that expert but you may get in touch with TK and they will be able to issue you the required document. However, please take a look in your salary statement it should mention the contribution I suppose.

P.S- I was required to submit one document stating that the insurance for my spouse will be covered by TK and they helped me with the same.

Regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/03/13 10:26 en respuesta a saikat sanyal.
Thank you for your reply.

May i know what did they ask you during the visit to ABH? 

Any useful tips will be appreciated ? In this situation, vl they ask for any marriage verification or not?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/03/13 10:37 en respuesta a moon mal.
Hi Moonmal,

Sorry for the confusion, the document I mentioned was asked by the embassy people in India only and I sent it vide e-mail.

Regarding marriage verification as people have mentioned earlier it depends on ABH and varies from case to case and you can't be sure, it may or may not be initiated by ABH. However , I think you are already aware that if initiated the same will be carried by embassy in India.

If you are married recently I may suggest you to keep the invitation card,some pics showing the rituals,bills for the marriage hall or food e.t.c ready, and also they speak to witnesses who have signed your marriage certificate and its lot easier if you are married in metropolis e.g Mumbai,Delhi,Chennai e.t.c.

Regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18