Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Need help with the Visa form

Need help with the Visa form
employment visa family re-union visa dependent visa
Answer
2/20/13 11:41 AM
Hi All,

Really happy that I have found this forum to discuss doubts I have with the visa process. I am currently working in Gurgaon, India and I have received an offer from a german company based out of Berlin. I have some questions regarding my employment visa and my wife's dependent visa.Will be great if someone can answer them. Vow to help rest of the community once I land in Germany!!

1. Can my wife apply for the dependent visa at the same time as I apply for a work permit visa? Will our applications be handled separately or together? Can it happen that I get the visa before and my wife's visa be still in progress?

2. Is it necessary to have the german language certificate for my wife at the time of applying? Can she apply for the visa without the certificate but provide the certificate later on during the process?

3. What should I state as the duration of stay? Should I state next one year or leave that space blank or put a date 3-4 years ahead in the future?

4. Point 17 in the "Residence Permit Visa Form" - "Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside Germany?" - I am assuming I will enter a "Yes" here. In what cases should one write a "No"?

5. Point 22 in the "Residence Permit Visa Form" - "Are you already in possession of a permit issued by a German labour office?" - I am assuming I will write a No here. Is this something that I will have to obtain once I land in Germany?

6. Do I need to buy a health insurance cover at the time of applying for visa? Question 27 in the form asks this.

7. In case my wife doesn't apply for a dependent visa right now, can I call her on schengen to stay with me for sometime? 

8. In the future, at the time my wife has applied for a dependent visa, can she stay in Germany with me on the schengen visa? Or will she have to be in India that time?

Thanks a lot in advance. Really hope I will get some help from this forum.

Thanks,
Rohan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3