Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Working on Spouse Visa

Working on Spouse Visa
Answer
1/17/13 11:03 AM
Hallo Everyone,

I have a question. I am living in Bremen on a Spouse Visa. Its been more than 1 year since I have arrived, I now want to work for a part time. Being on a spouse Visa, how many hours a week can I work?

If I apply for a job, will they ask me to show them the type of visa I am in??

Thanks for your answers in advance,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/13 3:04 PM as a reply to Vizhi.
Hi Vizhi,

What kind of dependent visa do you have?

If you're a dependent of a Blue Card holder then you can start working straightaway (the rules state it this way).

If you're dependent of a long term resident permit holder then you might have been asked to attend some language and integration classes when you arrived. In this case, my friend once told me that his spoue was given a 1 year residency and asked to attend language classes. One year later the ABH reviews the progress and approves long term residency and an approval is needed from the ABH before the dependent can start working. Approval from ABH is to be sought once you have been offered an employment contract.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
2/14/13 10:19 AM as a reply to Omkar.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply and I am so happy to see the reply after a long time.

My spouse is a phd student and he is still in a student visa and not a Blue card holder. Its been already one and a half years since I have arrived. I have done language courses in India as well in Germany and I have finished till B1.1.

Now what should I do?? Should I get a job and apply in the visa office or ask in the visa office first and then apply for a job??? Is it possible that I can work under 400 euros without any one's permission?? Some ppl say like that??
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott