Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: IS IT Green card still in place for the IT professional to enter German

Toggle
1. The IT green card was introduced in 2000. Is it still in place to bring IT professional to Germany?
2. The Blue card scheme says that its for high skill professional to ease the visa process to come and live in Germany? As i gone through the forum I saw the blue card applicant first need to apply for work visa which takes 6 to 10 weeks? So in this case i dont see there is any change regards to visa processing time even after blue card in place. am a right?

Would appriciate your quick respond.

Thanks in advance,
Syed
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 6:56 PM as a reply to raj aryan.
Hi Syed,

the Greencard had been replaced by a new immigration law in 2005.

Compared with this immigration law, the new Blue Card has some advantages, although it is not as easy as the 'old' Greencard system.

Because the Blue Card is just a name and still an immigration law, an applicant has to follow the normal way, find a job, apply for visa/work permit, get a first visa for 3 or 12 month and then, in Germany, with the extension of the first work permit, he will get the Blue Card.

The processing time is in fact a bit shorter (or should be shorter) because there is no labour market check by the labour agency required any more.

I will not tell again about the 'pros and cons' because this has been discussed many times.

Viele Grüße aus Berlin

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Hi Detlef,

Thanks a lot for your answer and time. Actually I went to Germany in the year of 2000 with Green card as a telecom engineer. Later one after five years I got my parmanent residence permit. My wife join me in 2005 form my home country. My son born in Germany in 2006 and he got residence permit untill 2020 (until he get 16 years old). In 2007 june I had to move to Dubai UAE with company internal transfer to the same country. I had got back all the money from German pension last year. Now My Company offer me to go back to Germany again.

Now I would like to go back. Do you think My Parmanent residence visa could be valied? Or do I need to apply for national visa? My wife need and son can apply together with me at the same time?

Will really appriciate your apply.

Thanks,
Syed.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/13 10:53 AM as a reply to raj aryan.
Hi Syed,

you got correct answers from our members already in your other thread.

The old permit is not valid any more, you have to start a new process. I do not know if the old permit will help, but it is not necessary. The Blue Card process is easy and as long as your contract fulfill the requirements, I do not see any problem.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Hi Detlef,

Thanks, Yes I got some inmportant information from my other thread. Just one clarification If I understood correct I can include my spouse and son in my application right or do I need to apply separete for them?

Thanks,
Syed.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/13 3:10 PM as a reply to raj aryan.
you can apply at same time but there has to be seperate application form for each applicant.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott