Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Vorabzustimmung - no longer required for blue card.

Toggle
Hi,

I was told by my employer that Vorabzustimmung is no longer provided by Agentur fur arbeit. They told me that I have to apply for my visa at the German consulate in Chennai with my job contract. Does anyone have the most recent knowledge about this?

Many thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/13 7:11 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
HI Cebit,
   My name is Joe. I got an employment contract from my employer in Oct, and I was also asked to submit the visa application myself. In my case it was Bangalore consulate. I gave my interview on Oct 9 and I am yet to receive my Visa. When my employer inquired with the Auslanderbehorde, they instructed that I need to do an assessment of my final degree (basically to find the german equivalent degree) in November, but I got his update from the consulate only on Jan 10 2013. My employer has initiated this process with ZAB and this might take another 3 - 4 months. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hope this helps. Would be great if you could share your experience. 

Regards,
Joe.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 4:04 AM as a reply to Joe C Varghese.
Joe

To which city in Germany are you going to? This depends on Auslanderbehorde. For Koln and Munich they are not checking any degrees.
As per law, the degree has to be equivalent to German degree.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 4:52 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
This document in English is very helpful. Please read it carefully.

http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/EN/zentraler-Content/Arbeiten/MB7-Beschaeftigung-ausl-AN-EN.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 6:06 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Joe

As per page 19 (Section 7.3) of the above document, did you employer register  this job at Agentur fur Arbeit before applying for visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 6:09 AM as a reply to Joe C Varghese.
@Pulsar

When did you apply for national visa? How long did it take to get your visa?
Which city are you registered in ? Where did you apply for your visa?

sorry for asking you so many questions. It would help many of us to get a better idea of our situation.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 6:42 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
@Pulsar - I have an offer for a job as a senior software developer and I have a total of 12 years of experience in this field. My job location is Paderborn. 

@Cebit - Thanks for the document, I will go through it and ask for the details from my employer if needed. Whats the status with your application?

Thanks,
Joe.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 2:32 PM as a reply to Joe C Varghese.
joe:
@Pulsar - I have an offer for a job as a senior software developer and I have a total of 12 years of experience in this field. My job location is Paderborn. 

@Cebit - Thanks for the document, I will go through it and ask for the details from my employer if needed. Whats the status with your application?

Thanks,
Joe.
@Joe

Whats ur educational qualification. The blue card is issued if the degree is equivalent to the german degree. So if the ABh people doesnot find the equvialent of Indian degree which you have, then they right and might ask to go for degree evaluation. The amount of expereince doesnt count here for bluecard ( in most cases)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/13 5:16 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
@Joe

I applied 1 week back at Chennai.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/13 2:42 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
@Joe,

The below link tells you how to apply for validation of qualification.

http://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertungen.html

The link below says only for certain professions this check is required.

http://www.kmk.org/fileadmin/pdf/ZAB/Zeugnisbewertungen/Infoblatt_Anerkennung_Hochschulabschluesse_deutsch.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott