Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

More clarification about Permanent Residence for old WP holders

Toggle
Hello colleagues,

I appologize in advance if this thread sounds redandent to another one that almost has the same scope, but just to get back the focus on the main
questions regarding Permanent residence after August 2012.

I have met my wife in Germany a couple of years ago, and she is currently planning to apply for NE/Permanent Residence, but we are lost on the available options :
              - She has been employed/living in Germany since Jan 2010, with a WP and now holding a BE that would expire end of 2013.
              - She has a permanent contract.
              - She speaks decent German, I would say already B2 but without official certificates.
              - She holds a Master in Telecommunication from a non-EU country

We are evaluating the options for her to apply for a NE.  As far as I understood from the previous threads in this forum, she can do the following :

- Apply for a Blue Card and then apply for a NE as she payed pension for more than 3 years and speaks German.

But chating with one of my colleagues at work, he mentionned that he has got a NE straight away(just last year in September) , without German skills, without blue card, and without even not being in Germany for 5 years (he is in DE for 3 years I think).

Questions :

- Is this possible? is there an option for my wife to apply for NE now with her current profile without going throught Blue Card?
              - As I said she holds a BE, what happens if she get's fired from work now? would she be left without arbeitslos money?
               as she is not on  depent  Visa?

I would appreciate your feedback and sharing your experiences.

Many Thanks and Regards
Alex

0 (0 Votes)

RE: More clarification about Permanent Residence for old WP holders
Answer
1/24/13 10:11 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Folks,  any update? any experience to share ?

Cheers
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3