Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde

Toggle
Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holder Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/9/13 2:01 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde nika25 nika25 1/9/13 2:27 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/9/13 4:39 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/10/13 11:50 AM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde nika25 nika25 1/10/13 3:02 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Vishal Lakhanpal 1/10/13 4:42 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Khushboo Khanna 1/10/13 6:49 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/11/13 10:20 AM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/11/13 10:26 AM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde nika25 nika25 1/15/13 11:54 AM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/15/13 12:50 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde nika25 nika25 1/15/13 1:01 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/15/13 12:49 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Milos Nikic 1/20/13 2:20 AM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/9/13 4:32 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Abdul Majid Majid Malik 1/23/13 9:32 AM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Bikash Agarwal 1/23/13 3:08 PM
RE: Family Reunion: German language exemption for spouse of Blue Card holde Omkar 2/13/13 3:12 PM
Hi all,

I am new Blue Card holder and this is no more a news on this forum emoticon. It took 4 weeks (my be because of Christmas and new year holidays) and process was very smooth. Any how, I got a letter for employer from ABH on the day of application for Blue Card that I can start the job immediately and Blue Card would be ready in few weeks .  As my job contract is unlimited, I got 4 years visa . It is written on "Zusatzblattt/additional page" that a change in job during the first 2 years can only be done with the premission of Ausländerbehorde. When I inquired about it, they told me that they want to make it sure that new job contract would also satisfy the conditions for Blue Card (amount of Pay etc). So chaning a job is not a big deal after getting the blue card if you have sufficient amount of salary for new job as well.

Now my question about family reunion:

Can someone direct me to the link of the law (particular clause especially) where it states that spouse of blue card holder doesn't need any German language knowledge for family reunion? I have read it many times on different info pages about blue card that for family reunion, spouse is exempted from having German language certification. But yesterday when my wife called Embassy ,they said that A1 is must. May be they don't have the info yet as the BC law is pretty new. So I want to call them and present the relevant clause of the law to know their reaction. I would highly appreciate an urgent response.

Thanks and Regards,
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
1/9/13 2:27 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Hi 
Congratulation! 
Meanwhile, I would like to ask you, which documents are required to get a Blue Card in Germany ? 

Many thanks in advance,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/13 4:32 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
After some search I have found myself emoticon ,thought to share as it may help someone :

It is      § 30 Ehegattennachzug:

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/__30.html

especially if you read the following lines together, I have cut them from different locations in details:

(1) Dem Ehegatten eines Ausländers ist eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn

2.der Ehegatte sich zumindest auf einfache Art in deutscher Sprache verständigen kann und

Satz 1 Nr. 2 ist für die Erteilung der Aufenthaltserlaubnis unbeachtlich, wenn

5.der Ausländer im Besitz einer Blauen Karte EU ist.

Please correct me if I understood it wrongly.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/13 4:39 PM as a reply to nika25 nika25.
@nika25

Following info is for the applicant who is in Germany:

original Job contract (a copy as well)

biometric photo

health insurance card ( a copy as well)

Passport (a copy as well)

Proof that you have finished your studies in the form of degree
certificate/exmatriculation (if someone was a student like me in
Germany). photo copies
 contract of accomodation

any they ask to fill a form there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/13 11:50 AM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Update:

I called German Embassy in Pakistan today. Presented the relevant clause of the law and all information I know about the relaxation for the spouse of Blue card holder but person on the phone insisted that German language Certification A1 is must and only requirements on their website should be fullfilled. They listen you nicely but they have a stupid answer "follow guidelines only on our website". This is strange. It seems they have their own law instead of German law.

Any suggestion?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/13 3:02 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Hi ,

Thank you a lot for your responce!

Good luck!

Nika
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/13 4:42 PM as a reply to nika25 nika25.
This site might be of help

http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/

As far as i know for blue card holder's partner, german language exam is not a prerequsite...
All the best to you all
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/13 6:49 PM as a reply to Vishal Lakhanpal.
Hello Everyone,

I went to Auslanderbehorde today to check if my husband is eligible for Blue Card, I'd read somewhere that for I.T employees the annual income should be minimum 35,000 Euros and we were easily matching that criteria and the second critirea was if someone has done his education from a recognized Univeristy in abroad. But the people at the office told me that we are not eligible since we do not hold a German degree.

Is this true ? Because in all the forums,websites I've just read that he/she should hold a recognized and equivalent degree but no where does it state that a German Degree is required. Can you help me with the correct information ?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/13 10:20 AM as a reply to Khushboo Khanna.
@khushboo

Confront them with following documents which are official links of German Government:

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/__19a.html

http://www.bundesregierung.de/Content/DE/Artikel/IB/Artikel/Arbeitsmarkt/Anerkennung_Abschluesse/2012-07-25-blaue-Karte.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/13 10:26 AM as a reply to Vishal Lakhanpal.
@dervish

Yes  I know on this website also it is mentioned that spouse of BC holder doesn't require any German knowledge but they even don't pay attention if you present the relevant clause of the law on phone. I have mailed them now. Let us see if the email gets through to someone who knows the recent changes in law and relxations to spouse of BC holder regarding the subject at hand.

Thanks any way.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/13 11:54 AM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
@writer77

Hi 
@writer77,

I would like to ask you ... How did you book an appoinment to apply for Blue card? Do you know a website to book an appointment ?

Thank you in advaince!

Nika.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/13 12:49 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
@pulsar

Well I don't know about such case exactly. Previously , one has to go back to home country and apply for job visa again. But in my personal opinion now if you can get equivalence certificate  http://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/html/en/  for your Bachelors degree and have enough salary for Blue card, it shouldn't be problem  to get BC. But it depends upon how relevant Ausländerbehorde interprets the law. But I have given the links of law to Khusboo above and it can be understood that if you have equivalent degree and minimum salary requirement fullfiled ,you can get Blue Card. Best way  would be to print the pages of relevant law, go to your Ausländerbehore and ask about it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/13 12:50 PM as a reply to nika25 nika25.
@nika  As I am in Germany so I just went to the relevant office in my city (Ausländerbehorde) and got the appointment. If you are in a foreign country, better to check website of the Embassy or counsalate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/13 1:01 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Thank you for your response!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/13 2:20 AM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Hello writter7 i have a topic about Zusatzblatt here:
http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/734216

Basicaly for me it says that my working visa is connected to my current employer like so:

"BESCHAFTIGUNG NICHT GESTATTET MIT AUSNAHME DER TATIGKEIT ALS SOFTWARE
ENGINEER BEI <name of my company> SELBSTSTANDIGE TATIGKEIT
GESTATTET."

Is this the case with your too?

Other 4 persons i know that got a blue card have different thing written. Their visa is not limited to the current emplyer.

Thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/13 9:32 AM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Update:

Got a response in email from German Embassy that spouse of Blue Card holder doesn't require German language certification (A1). Issue solved.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/13 3:08 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Did you apply from the Delhi or the Mumbai centre?
This is good news as moving ahead process would be simpler for others 

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/13 3:12 PM as a reply to Abdul Majid Majid Malik.
Here is the link to the official website of the EU Blue Card in Germany.
http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/residence-act/spouse.html

I quote:
Residence Act § 30
Subsequent immigration of spouses
(1) A foreigner's spouse shall be granted a residence permit if
1. both spouses are at least 18 years of age,
2. the spouse is able to communicate in the German language on a basic level at least and
3. the foreigner ... possesses an EU Blue Card.
Sentence 1, nos. 1 and 2 shall have no bearing on issuance of the residence permit where ... the foreigner is in possession of an EU Blue Card ...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott