Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Marrriage registration in Standesamt - wife does not ve birth certificate

Hello All,
  I am from India. I came to Germany as a guest researcher and I also got my wife with in Dependent visa. I have submitted the copy of our marriage certificate at German consulate, chennai. My wife is also currently in germany with me in a dependent visa. After the research intership, I took a job opportunity in Germany. In order to get class III tax card, I wanted to update my Marriage status in standesamt. They request for a certified translation of our marriage certificate. However,  when I visited Standesamt with the certified translation of our marriage certificate, they additionaly asked for the translation of our birth certificates. The problem here is my wife does not have a birth certificate. 

I was not asked for any birth certificate at the time of applying Dependent Visa for my wife in chennai. But the Standesamt says they will request for a marriage verification from chennai after we submit the translated documents and It takes some time for that.

My queries:
1. What to do in case of non availability of Birth ceritificate?
2. My wife already has the dependent visa, If there is a delay in getting the marriage status updated will there be any problem with my wife's visa? she already has completed A1 exam and has submitted all the other documents required for dependent visa?

I already have got the work permit and I am waiting to get the electronic residence permit. 

if  any one of you been in such situation, sharing your experience would be of great help to me. Thanks a lot in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott