Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis)

Toggle
Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 8/26/12 12:33 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Brain Teaser 8/26/12 8:16 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kamal Patel 8/27/12 9:27 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 10/18/12 8:32 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 10/18/12 4:47 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kamal Patel 10/19/12 1:56 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) max leo 10/19/12 5:04 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 10/19/12 10:35 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 12/2/12 12:18 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kamal Patel 3/26/13 4:03 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Wim Hannover 3/27/13 3:27 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 8/30/12 4:03 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Ans Sargana 8/30/12 4:07 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 8/30/12 4:15 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 8/31/12 1:12 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/2/12 1:18 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/2/12 4:50 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/2/12 5:05 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/2/12 5:11 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/2/12 5:17 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/2/12 5:31 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/2/12 5:35 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/2/12 5:36 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/3/12 10:55 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/3/12 12:27 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/3/12 2:21 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/5/12 9:52 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/6/12 5:30 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/6/12 7:14 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Arianne 9/7/12 10:43 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/8/12 12:34 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Arianne 9/9/12 10:52 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 9/9/12 11:03 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Arianne 9/12/12 12:00 PM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Chris Gates 10/18/12 8:29 AM
RE: Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis) Kinshuk Srivastava 9/10/12 9:59 AM
Permanent Residence (Niederlassungelaubnis)
permanent residence (niederlassungelaubnis)
Answer
8/26/12 12:33 AM
Dear All,
I have completed my master study in Germany and had been working for 3 years paying the renteversicherung. Now i want to apply for me and my husband a permanent residence permit according to the Act ¥18b. I have contacted the auslanderbehorde and the told me to bring some documents. So my questions are:
1. From where do i get a 24 month renteversicherung Nachweis?
2. Are they going to interview me? If yes, what kind of questions do they ask? If possible with some examples.
3. The Act ¥18b doesn't mention the B1 integration certificate unlike to the Act ¥19. Did you ever asked for this document?
I thank you all in advance.
CG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/12 8:16 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
Hallo cg-eth ,

The Renteversicherung Nachweis i.e. Renteversicherungsverlauf you can always get from Renteversicherung Amt in your city, you need to take your Identification, and should know your Renteversicherungsnummer (which you can see in your salary slip).

The Renteversicherungsverlauf, you will always get for the completed year (not for current year), if you need upto date you can call the Hotline number under http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung.de/Allgemein/de/Navigation/0_Home/home_node.html

Otherwise ask the officer if they accept your salary slip for the current year.

I think so there will not be any Interview qestions, only they ask for some necessary documents if et-al required.

About your 3rd question i have no experience, but as per §18c Absatz 4 says, that "§ 9 Absatz 2 Satz 1 Nummer 2 und 4 bis 9 vorliegen; § 9 Absatz 2 Satz 2 bis 6 gilt entsprechend." which means that points 2 and 4 to 9 are existance.

The point 7 says the requirement of German knowledge, but this you can satisfy the officer by speaking some basic German, in that case B1 cert. is not a Demand.
So in Law you can see the above interpretation as:
"Ferner wird davon abgesehen, wenn der Ausländer sich auf einfache Art in
deutscher Sprache mündlich verständigen kann
und er nach § 44 Abs. 3 Nr. 2 keinen Anspruch auf Teilnahme am Integrationskurs hatte oder er nach § 44a Absatz 2 Nr. 3 nicht zur Teilnahme am Integrationskurs verpflichtet war. Darüber hinaus wird von den Voraussetzungen des Satzes 1 Nr. 2 und 3
abgesehen, wenn der Ausländer diese aus den in Satz 3 genannten Gründen nicht erfüllen kann.

Cheers
BT
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/27/12 9:27 AM as a reply to Brain Teaser.
Hello,

I have visited AB to get Niederlassungelaubnis under § 18b two week ago. but i got a letter on Friday that they are asking me further work contract. I have limited work contract till 31st Dec 2012. but i have worked more then three year.

- er zum Zeitpunkt der Antragstellung einen seinem Abschluss angemessenen Arbeitsplatz inne hat,

By above line, i should have work contract related with my study not permanent contract.There is no description about permanent work contract.

Anyone have experience with this visa ? What should i do in this regards ? 

Thanks for your suggestions.
Ken
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/12 4:03 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
Thank you guys for the reply. But i have one more question. They also asked me to bring "Nachweis Ihrer monatlichen Belastungen (z.B. Kreditraten, Schuldentilgung und ähnliches)". What is this document and from where do I get it?
Thank you again,
CG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/12 4:07 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
I think you can bring the Bill of your creditcards, along with your Bank statement for two or three months. Just to tell them how much you spend per month
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/30/12 4:15 PM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
Thank you sargana. I will make an appointment next week. I hope they will not interview me about the law system of Germany and other stuff.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/12 1:12 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
One more question...sorry
Is the decision for the permanent residence application made directly by the officer in AB or do my documents will be send to other authority?  They said that I have to pay 155€/person for the application. Is it if the application is successful or do I have to pay again 100€ to get the limited residence permit?
Thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/12 1:18 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
One more question...sorry
Is the decision for the permanent residence application made directly by the officer in AB or do my documents will be send to other authority?  They said that I have to pay 155€/person for the application. Is it if the application is successful or do I have to pay again 100€ to get the limited residence permit?
Thanks again

The AB officer simply checks if you fulfill the criteria. In my case he didnt even ask for the German language certificate as he said we could
communicate with each other in German and he would not be needing proof. One thing is police verification which he will get it done by himself.
If all turns out fine then the NE will be granted... The fees for your NE is different from the limited residence permit. You mighthave to pay it
again for the limited residence permit incase your NE is rejected.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/2/12 4:50 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
So it means that I know the decision rightaway from the officer or is the decision going to be made by other authority?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/12 5:05 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
So it means that I know the decision rightaway from the officer or is the decision going to be made by other authority?

In my case it took about a month (may be because it was holiday season and they didnt have anyother appointtments free). But they took the application
and ased for  police clearance(verify if i had any criminal records). Once they got the clearance they granted me the NE.I assume the same will be in your case. I know of this because the guy who was supposed to give me the NE was on a holiday and my file got transferred to another lady. She was kind enough to tell me the entire procedure at the time of granting the NE
Cheers
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/2/12 5:11 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
But when you give tha application documents, do they check and say that you will get the NE or do they say that it will be checked and the decision will be made later? I am asking this because, i am applying for my whole family and if this application is not sucessful and if i have to pay again for AE, it will be too much cost. Could be plase clarify me what they said when you give them the application? Thanks a lot for your help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/12 5:17 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
But when you give tha application documents, do they check and say that you will get the NE or do they say that it will be checked and the decision will be made later? I am asking this because, i am applying for my whole family and if this application is not sucessful and if i have to pay again for AE, it will be too much cost. Could be plase clarify me what they said when you give them the application? Thanks a lot for your help.
Oh OK. In my case they told me that i satisfy the criteria for NE at the time of submitting the documents. He said the only thing needed now is
the Police clearance which he said might take upto a month. He still gave me an appointment on a date after one month and said just in case
there is a change he would inform me. Apparently, they got the clearance very quickly and it was electronic clearance. Hope this helps.
Cheers
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/2/12 5:31 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Strangerrules......Thank u so much!
I have a limited work contract. Do u think that will affect my application?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/12 5:35 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
If you are working as a researcher and show sufficient German skills, then it should not be a problem.
Same was my case emoticon
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/2/12 5:36 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
Follow up to my previous post, i had a limited work contract but since i was in the field of research, he said its OK
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/3/12 10:55 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
What document did you provided to show monthly expenses?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/12 12:27 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
I just showed the bank statement...
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/3/12 2:21 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Sorry your question was monthly expenses. In my case he just didnt ask. I just showed via my bank statement
that i regularly get salary. I am not too sure how one can show the expenses.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/5/12 9:52 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Thanks for your help. Wish me luck....i am foing there now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/12 5:30 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
My application is rejected emoticon just because my doktorand work contact doesn't count as a professional work contract and can not be used for  §18b act

Any other solution?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/12 7:14 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
My application is rejected emoticon just because my doktorand work contact doesn't count as a professional work contract and can not be used for  §18b act

Any other solution?

Sorry to hear that. That is very strange! I had Doktorand contract at the time of application and I was granted. Are you located somewhere in the east. I am in BaWü.May be they have different rules.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/7/12 10:43 AM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
i am applying for my whole family and if this application is not sucessful and if i have to pay again for AE, it will be too much cost.
An unsuccessful application costs half the fee that would have been charged if the application was accepted (although many ABH will advise you before you file an application if they think that you don't meet the criteria). If a few hundred euros are such a big deal to you, perhaps your income is also a reason that your application was refused.

strangerules:
cg-eth:

Any other solution?

I had Doktorand contract at the time of application and I was granted.
Are you located somewhere in the east. I am in BaWü.May be they have
different rules.
The rules for §18b seem to be unambiguous; it is more likely that cg-eth has a different permit at the moment.

cg-eth, what permit(s) have you had since you completed your masters degree?
+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
9/8/12 12:34 AM as a reply to Arianne.
After finishing my maters, i was employed by uni kassel as research assistant which is for my phd. So my work permit was restricted to uni kassel. But after working for 3 years, my work permit is changed into "beschaftigung gestatet".
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/12 10:52 AM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
After finishing my maters, i was employed by uni kassel as research assistant which is for my phd. So my work permit was restricted to uni kassel.

Yes, but what permits have you had since you graduated (only §18 for work)? I've known PhD students with §16, §18, and §20 and some of them have even had to change the category due to changes in funding. If you are working at the university as a wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin, do you have a full-time or part-time position and for how long is your contract still valid?
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/9/12 11:03 AM as a reply to Arianne.
Yes i am working as WM and my contract endes in September 2013. I am working 20 hrs a week. So kind of part-time. Now i have a BE work permit but before it was like you said 18 Abs.4
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/12 9:59 AM as a reply to Arianne.
arianne:
cg-eth:
After finishing my maters, i was employed by uni kassel as research assistant which is for my phd. So my work permit was restricted to uni kassel.

Yes, but what permits have you had since you graduated (only §18 for work)? I've known PhD students with §16, §18, and §20 and some of them have even had to change the category due to changes in funding. If you are working at the university as a wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin, do you have a full-time or part-time position and for how long is your contract still valid?
Yes Arianne... Thanks for also posting the links here...
You do have a point. I guess i had a full time contract as a wiss. mitarbeiter. Secondly i was also employed full time in a company
before my phD for a significant period of time.
@eth:
May be your 20 hour contract does not count as a valid Work permit. That could be a strong reason.
But i dont want to speculate too much as your guess there is as good as mine.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/12/12 12:00 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
cg-eth:
Yes i am working as WM and my contract endes in September 2013. I am working 20 hrs a week. So kind of part-time. Now i have a BE work permit but before it was like you said 18 Abs.4
I think your application for an NE was refused since you are only working part-time and your salary is very low for a university graduate. Furthermore, reading your previous posts I have the feeling that your ABH was not even sure that you are earning enough to qualify for a regular permit (it would depend on how much your husband earns and whether or not you have children).

Although I wouldn't recommend it, you can insist on filing an application for an NE and receiving a written refusal (you'll be required to pay half the fee NE if your application is refused). Your other option is to wait until you have a better job.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/18/12 8:29 AM as a reply to Arianne.
Hey Guys,
I am back again emoticon and first I really would like to thank all of you for the unreserved support. Here is an update:
I went to the AB again and met another officer. he took all the documents and considered them. And he said that everything is fullfilled. I signed a form which contains information for the ID card and on that it is stated that Niederlassungserlaubnis type of residence permit. He told me to wait for two-three weeks to receive the pin letter. So here are my question:
1. Does it mean I will get my NE or is it going to be apporoved by another officer? Is there any chance of rejection after this procedure?
2. My husband will also apply. Can he be eligible to get NE if I got the NE? He was in family reunion visa for the last 4 years and 10 months. 
Thank you again!
CG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/12 8:32 AM as a reply to Kamal Patel.
Hey KenpateI22,
What is the status of your application? did you already paid the application fee?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/12 4:47 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
Can anyone help me please?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/12 1:56 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
Hello,

My application is on hold because my work contract end Dec 2012.They told me that i have to give them further conract and i dont have any project further. So i am looking new job. I have worked more then three year. anyone else get PR with limited contract ?

BR,
kenpatel22
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/12 5:04 PM as a reply to Kamal Patel.
@ kenpatel22

In which field are you looking for a job?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/12 10:35 PM as a reply to Kamal Patel.
According to which law did u apply foe NE? Try to use 18b
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/12 12:18 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
I got my NE last week according to the 18b law. I am so happy and thank you guys for the help. I will pay it forward. But i have one question. If i want to change To another coty, do i have to apply for NE again?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/26/13 4:03 PM as a reply to Chris Gates.
Which city did you apply from ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/13 3:27 AM as a reply to Chris Gates.
@cg-eth

congrats!!
NE is not bound to the city you live. Once granted, it is valid to whereever you move in Germany and you dont have to reapply again.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott