Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue Card or NE

Toggle
Blue Card or NE
Answer
11/23/12 2:09 PM
Hello All,

I am Mechanical Engineer working in Germany since December 2007.
I received an extension of my work visa (Aufenthaltstitel) in October for a period of 2 years. At the time of applying for this visa extension, I had enquired about my eligibility for a BLUE CARD but was told that I am not eligible becasue I don't have a master's degree or a degree from a german university. But, upon asking a different visa officer, at the time of collecting my visa extension and eAT, about my eligibility for a BLUE CARD, he took my documents and started the processing of my BLUE CARD application.

A few weeks ago I received a letter from the visa office informing me that a BLUE CARD can be issued and that I have to make an appointment to collect the same. Today, I went to the visa office to collect my BLUE CARD. This time with a third visa officer, who told me that from 20 December 2012, I become eligible to apply for a NE and he gave me the option to choose between BLUE CARD and NE (which ofcourse, would take few weeks more time for back ground checks etc. etc.). This visa officer said, he can start the process for NE right away and can expedite in a month's time. I asked if he would like me to submit more documents for processing NE, to this he said he has all the necessary documents. He only needs to get a clearance/security clearance from TAX office and Police and he would take care of its processing. He didn't ask me for German language certificate or Rentenversicherungsverlauf.

I have a pretty stabIe job and  plan to marry late next year or in early 2014. I would like to know your opinion about which option would be better for me -  BLUE CARD or NE?

Thank a lot.

Best Regards
Ashwin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/23/12 4:21 PM as a reply to Ashwin.
As per my opinion - go for NE. It will take some time again for you, but after that you have an unlimited visa. May be when you get married, you would like to buy some property or something for which you might like to apply for credit in a bank for which NE is very suitable.

Once you have the NE and if you plan to stay in Germany very long, the next step would be to take Citizenship.

All the best !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/23/12 7:52 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
HI Irosy10,

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I would like to go for NE, but was jsut wondering if BLUE CARD would be the better choice, considering the benfits while arranging the immigration of my future wife :-)...

Have a nice weekend.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18