Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: PR for people in research

Toggle
PR for people in research
Answer
10/25/12 5:11 PM
I am finishing my PhD in nov/dec this year. I think i am eligible for PR since i have 50 months rentenversicherung till 31.12.2011 and this yr i have not paid as i have scholarship + a small teaching contract. I had been on visa 18 from 2008 mid onwards ealier they had given me a 16 which was anyways not the right visa so they changed. I can speak german resonably well (B1 level) although i dont have the certificate (Also AB didnt want any B1 certificate). I have a letter from my Uni that i will be employed from Feb (Jan i dont want to work as i plan a holiday after i finish my PhD). The letter says i will have a contract (with details of brutto, no. of hours, etc) for 6 months and further employment is planned. 

I was already at AB and spoke to them about the possibility to apply PR but they are so relectant to exactly tell me what are the requirements or why i am not eligible and they point to this period of 1 month without contract. I tried to explain to them its my wish to have this break and not my boss. Since i am yet to get the degree they told me i need 60 months of Rentenversucherung if i want to apply PR. I am wondering if its true? as i have heard that only 33 months  with the new rule. Unfortunately i cant wait till december to get my degree and apply for PR as i want to travel in DEC/JAN. I must either extend my existing visa or PR as soon as possible. 

Anyone could tell me
1. Is 60 months RV needed without a degree from germany for PR application?
2. Having no contract for a monthcan cause a big problem (althought i worked here for more than 60 months and could show them enough funds to surive here) ? More over my husband also work but only recently so he is not eligible for PR but could ofcourse he can support me if they doubt how i could survive this 1 month of job less period. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/12 8:16 PM as a reply to ami fran.
Did you also made your masters in Germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/12 10:44 AM as a reply to Chris Gates.
No i have a Master degree from India. Thanks for the interest cg-eth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/12 9:10 AM as a reply to ami fran.
From the info you've provided, it sounds as if you're not eligible yet for an NE. You don't earn enough for the special NE requirements for Blue Card holders and you don't have the 60 months required for a regular NE. You might be able to try for a DA-EG, however, many ABH want to see 60 months of pension contributions for that as well.

If I were you I'd just apply for an extension now and wait till you have the 60 months or contact the DRV about making voluntary contributions for 2012.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/12 12:00 PM as a reply to Arianne.
Arianne - Thank you for the information. I understand. I also spoke to ABH, they told me i could apply for NE (ofcourse they didnt gareentee anything) in dec and get a temporary visa for 6 months and travel. When i come back i can show them my new contract and MAY be i get NE. By dec i will have my PhD degree too but she said since i have a work visa this degree might not play any role unfortunately emoticon so i should somehow make up this 10 months more for the RV thanks for the idea about voluntary contribution.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott