Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Schimmelentferung(cleaning) at apartment

Toggle
hi all

i need some of your valuable advices on my problem. In my apt there is a schimmel in the ceiling of the bathroom. as i informed that the schimmel problems should be taken care by my landlord and i informed him the same 6 month back that there is schimmel and it needs to get fixed. he did not care about that problem and now i want to move out from the apt and now he says that i should clean it up the schimmel with a professional cleaners.

Does any one tell or advice me, what should i do ? Is that cleaning costs are to be made from me or the landlord?

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Schimmelentferung(cleaning) at apartment
Answer
10/20/08 6:22 PM as a reply to Ramaiah K.
http://www.internetratgeber-recht.de/MietrechtAllgemein/frameset.htm?http://www.internetratgeber-recht.de/MietrechtAllgemein/Feuchtigkeitsschaeden/fwa.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/08 6:39 PM as a reply to Ramaiah K.
@Raj

Thanks for the information. i read through it and now the argument comes who caused it. i would definitely say that it happened because of no proper ventilation or airflow in to the bathroom as it happened in the summer time as no lack of heating during this time. But i do not know how can i prove it that it is caused by something else. any ideas.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/08 7:42 PM as a reply to Ramaiah K.
search for schimmelsanierung firma for your city and you may find some companies. Ask them to have a look and find the reason, ofcourse you have to pay for it, but saves you from paying for the cleaning if you are not responsible
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/08 12:23 AM as a reply to Ramaiah K.
At first make sure to open the windows of your rooms, atleast for some time each day.

I had a similar Schimmel problem in my home. Especially in my bathroom.

I tried the AntiSchimmel solution from Henkel. I bought it from Real. It worked wonderfully.

Just apply it on the wall or corner and wipe it with a cloth. That's it. I had some on the ceilings as well. I applied the solution on the painting roller and applied it on the ceiling.

Its magic. It went away. The only thing to keep in mind is, find it at the earliest and clean it.

Also there is another quality Anti Schimmel solution from Sagrotan..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/12 3:58 PM as a reply to Ramaiah K.
sarwam:
hi all

i need some of your valuable advices on my problem. In my apt there is a schimmel in the ceiling of the bathroom. as i informed that the schimmel problems should be taken care by my landlord and i informed him the same 6 month back that there is schimmel and it needs to get fixed. he did not care about that problem and now i want to move out from the apt and now he says that i should clean it up the schimmel with a professional cleaners.

Does any one tell or advice me, what should i do ? Is that cleaning costs are to be made from me or the landlord?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You need to check your contract if there is no mention there that you should pay such reparations they must be done by the landlord. The cause of the schimmel must be found (I had the same problem months ago the cause was a broken tube in the bathroom). If you didn't cause the source of the problem there is no way you need to pay for it. You don't want to pay the price of a professional janitor it would cost you several hundred euros.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/12 8:13 AM as a reply to Mr Kermit.
This question was asked 10/20/08 5:57 PM  four years ago,  ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/12 2:08 PM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
Thank you very much @sargana for catching this up. The thread was revived by a new user posting an ad. The message was marked as Spam by a trusted user already. Depending on the reaction of other users this message could be deleted. The message posted by @mrkermit is valid and current IMO.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott