Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Swedish residence permit, but staying in Germany instead !

Umschalten
Hi T7 Community,

I have just discovered this forum and I find it so useful, thanks to all the people who have shared their inquiries and advices in this space to make it a so enriching !

I have an uncommon situation and would like you to get some advice.
I am from Tunisia and last February I was looking for a Diplomarbeit abroad. I got accepted in a company in Sweden. After I completed all the papers and got my 1-year Swedish residence permit (in Sweden you get it before you go there, a new law) I had to cancel with the company because of some unexpected familiy issues and the company couldn't wait for more time.
One month later, I got accepted in a German company and here I am in my last month of my Diplomarbeit with a type D 6-month visa.

My question is, as my visa expires by the end of the Diplomarbeit and as I have to go back to Tunisia to get graduated. Can still go back to Germany ( or any other Schengen country ) with my Swedish residence permit ?
I am worried that it could have become invalid or I could get some trouble in the airport passport control as I have never entered Sweden.

Thanks in advance !
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.09.12 13:16 als Antwort auf Achraf.
A D visa is a national visa where you are bound toa country and are not allowed to go to a different country.
A Schengen visa generally has the words schengen written over it. So you should check it out.
But if your Swedish visa is still valid, you can at anytime go to there until your visa expires. That should
not be a problem. It might be difficult to justify as to why you want to come to Sweden again...

Hope this helps
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.09.12 13:38 als Antwort auf Kinshuk Srivastava.
strangerules:
A D visa is a national visa where you are bound toa country and are not allowed to go to a different country.

I think this low is old, in fact national type D visas have always enabled passage through other Schengen countries for an amount of time necessary to transit, up to five days. This was in order to enable travellers to reach smaller Schengen countries going through other major destinations in the EU.

However, since April 5, 2010 the type D national visa also allows travel to other Schengen countries for up to 90 days within 6 months, the same as a residence permit.
source: http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/10/111&format=HT%20ML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

But this is not the point, my point is can I go back to Germany (after my 6-month german visa expires) with my Swedish residence permit ( which expires in February 2013 ) and stay for up to 90 days  ? ( considering the cicumstances that I had mentioned in my first post )
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.09.12 17:09 als Antwort auf Achraf.
I can only guess (based on my experience with other people who have been
in Switzerland and Austria) that you have to first register in Sweden
in your name, and henceafter you can come to Germany (i assume that your
D visa allows you to).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.09.12 17:44 als Antwort auf Kinshuk Srivastava.
My type D german visa expires on September 22. After this date, and in order to come to Germany again, do I have to go to Sweden and register first ?

What I am thinking is that normally, I have a 1-year swedish residence permit, so technically the police control in the airport does not care if I have entered Sweden or not. I have to make sure of this point.

The thing now is to know whether I have to register in Sweden.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott