Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

RE: Re: which one is better NE or Blue Card?

Toggle
which one is better NE or Blue Card?
Answer
5/20/12 8:03 PM
I am working in germany for around 10 years now and I have NE. With the new rule regarding Blue Card I would like to know which one is the best for people who are already having NE. With NE if you are staying abroad for more than 6 months one loses his/her NE status (if I am right). Is it the same case with Blue Card as well? If not, then is it better to apply for Blue Card than NE? Or is it that once the Blue Card comes into effect then NE will no longer be issued? I look forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: which one is better NE or Blue Card?
Answer
5/20/12 9:18 PM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
I think you are comparing apple with oranges. NE is a "permanent" residence permit giving you options to freely switch jobs, work free lance, run a business with better working options for your spouse, who needs no pre-employment labour check and can do also what you can.

THe blue card, imo, will just give you a work permit for 3 years with a fixed employer. Should you want to switch jobs, you cannot, unless you get an ok from the labour office. You cannot live permanently, unless of course you convert to NE after 2 or 3 years. Your spouse will have to get an ok from labour office before working. Free lancing and running business are excluded for both of you.

NE is better than Blue card and a level higher.

If you are in DE for more than 10 years may be you think about getting citizenship with an OCR from India (if you are Indian).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/12 3:06 AM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
Hi swisshansa10,

I'm not sure if I get this one. Do you mean if one has a residence permit with valid contract for the 2 or 3 years in Germany, would be entitled an NE as of July 1th(if the law is approved)?

I have seen the comment of Detlef in his web site, I quote :
<<
Now every work permit holder can get the ,Niederlassungserlaubnis‘ (unlimited residence permit) after 3 years and if the applicant speaks German he can get it already after 2 years (only with a valid employment contract!).
>>

So, do you mean any one living here for 2 years and having a valid contract could apply for a NE immediatly then ? how they gonna check the German skills in this case?

Cheers
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/12 11:26 AM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
Yes you can get an NE (permanent residence) in DE after 2 or 3 years depending on your german skills and if you hold a blue card for that period and a job. THis is my understanding. This for all other cases continues to be 5 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/12 11:54 AM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
I think they have standard tests, e.g.:

http://www.goethe.de/lhr/prj/daz/inf/dfz/enindex.htm

----
Alex said:

how they gonna check the German skills in this case?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/12 6:25 PM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
hi,
Thanks a lot for the info.
Swisshansa10: You are right, having a german citizenship has its benefits. Especially when it comes to travelling. Still, I don't want to give up my Indian citizenship. As long as Germany doesn't approve dual citizenship, I guess I am ready to live with the "difficulties" :-) Thanks again for the reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/12 12:27 AM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
swisshansa10:

Thanks for the feedback,but Hmm, so you mean only folks with Blue card can get NE after 2/3 years and not others who are already with residence permit etc?

I must see that some where in an official law, could any one please clarify this ?

Regards
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/12 12:18 PM as a reply to Alex Master.
Check this link, hope things will be clear if you try read this thoroughly:

http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/home/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/12 4:18 PM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
@rajeshs999
India doesn't allow dual citizenship. So even Germany allows dual citizenship at any point of time you can't have both. You have to loose Indian citizenship if you go for Germany citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/12 8:49 AM as a reply to Alex Master.
Is a NE obtained using a Bluecard and a NE obtained otherwise the same. I am a bit confused after reading these.

http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/

May holders of a Blue Card migrate further in another EU country?EU Blue Card owners have to stay18 months in Germany. Then they have the right to immigrate to another EU country. 

Does the residence time with a Blue Card in other EU countries counts towards permanent residence?
If the foreigner is residing with an EU Blue Card already in other EU Member States, these include sojourn times for the receipt of a permanent right of residence in Germany.

During the resettlement within the EU do have visa procedures to be carried out ?
Will foreigners continue to migrate within the EU, in almost all EU countries, no visa is required. The application may be made at the new home-country. In Germany, the request must be made within one month of arrival in Germany.

Are all the previleges above available for somone with a NE? Can he/she can he freely migrate to other EU nations and work there with a NE?

Regards,
Nirmal

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3