Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Nach Praktikum Visa

Toggle
Nach Praktikum Visa
Answer
9/23/04 8:52 PM
Hello all,

I am studying masters in computer science in germany.I have completed my theory part and doing my praktikum now.

Recently,I had a interview with one software company.They are showing willingness to give me a job but want me to take care of Work Permit/Visa.They also suggested me that Nach Praktikum may be a good solution.

Can any one guide me What are the documents needed to get work permit for Nach Praktikum?What are the rules & regulations for work permit of Nach Praktikum.

Thanking you,
Chakradhar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 1:15 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
To get nachpraktikum, you only need to show your Master's certificate. If you do not have your certifictae in hand, you can show a bescheinigung from the university stating that you are successfully going to finish your degree by a certain date. Any foreign student may be eligible to get Nachpraktikum upto 2 years after his study in Germany. This is a very easy and simple procedure regarding the visa and arbeitserlaubnis.

good luck!

MK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 2:08 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
Thank you very much for your fast reply.

I can get a letter from my univ that I will complete my course within this time.I have the following doubts to make sure that I wont do anything wrong.

What should be the minimum ammount company should pay me so that I will be permitted to get Work Permit?

Are there any disadvantages/Advantages of nachpraktikum instead of the conventional.

What will be my visa status?Student?Working? or some thing else

thank you very much
Chakradhar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 2:33 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
>What should be the minimum ammount company should pay me so that I will be permitted to get Work Permit?
-> There is not any salary limit for Nachpraktikum. But for GC (5 years visa) you have that limit of around 37K per annum.

>Are there any disadvantages/Advantages of nachpraktikum instead of the conventional.
-> yes, Nachpraktikum workpermit is different from normal or GC workpermit.

>What will be my visa status?Student?Working? or some thing else
-> According to the existing law it's similar to student. But according to new Immigration law - I dont know.

Tips: try to convince your employer to get a job under GC. Tell him that it's very easy to get a workpermit under GC regulation as you have a university degree from Germany.

Regards,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 2:48 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
Do you mean that there are some disadvantages for work permit of Nach Praktikum.Can u please tell me what are they?

From companies point of view,Will they have to pay more money for GC than Nach Praktikum.

Is it really easy to get visa & work permit for Nach praktikum?

Thank you very much for your valuable information

Regards & Thanks,
Chakradhar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 3:47 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
Hi
I would try to persuade the company for GC instead of NachPraktikum. Why ?
Simple:

If you have NachPraktikum stuff, your residence permit type will be normally "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" which is not counted for the required 5 years to get a Permanent Residence..

If you have GC, you will have "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" type residence permit which is the best residence permit type a newcomer foreigner can get in Germany.. and it is counted for PR years..

All info above is according to the current law, please dont ask me how this gonna work out with the new law.. 'cause I dont know.. :-)

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 3:55 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
Four your first question - Lacrima's answer is the right one.

>From companies point of view,Will they have to pay more money for GC than Nach Praktikum.
-> Generally yes. But the company can also pay you as high as they want for your Nachpraktikum. Normally small and medium sized companies can pay you as your prospective Boss wants. But the big companies do not offer a Nachpraktikum - so far as I know.

>Is it really easy to get visa & work permit for Nach praktikum?
-> yes it's really easy - so far as I know!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 3:56 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
forgot to comment on one thing,

"From companies point of view,Will they have to pay more money for GC than Nach Praktikum."

Well, If the company is paying 40K annual salary for a "Praktikant",
then the answer is "No".. :-)

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 4:57 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
@lacrima:

"If you have NachPraktikum stuff, your residence permit type will be normally "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" which is not counted for the required 5 years to get a Permanent Residence.."

Are you sure about this? Pls provide reference for this. I think I had this Auf.Bewilligung in the first year of my GC !!!

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 5:18 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
Thank you very much all,

After my interview last week,I thought the chances of getting work permit are very less.I thought i should give up the oppurtunity.Then i searched to net to get some info as a last trial.I did not get any info other than this group.I have just posted a message.I got the response in as a flash.Now,After seeing all these messages from you,I am bit confident which i could not express to HR on the day of interview.

Really this group is a cool group.

I will try to get the appointment of the HR again and try to convince him to follow GC procedure.

Can we ask any german official regarding our doubts?Is there any office for this?If so can you please give its details?

Thanks all again!!!
Chakradhar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 5:34 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
@fred

Check this out:

http://www.info4alien.de/titel.htm

Aufenthaltsbewilligung is for students and student like things.. if you are working normal(GC), you should have Aufenthaltserlaubnis.. maybe you were studying at that time ? GC can not be "Aufenthaltsbewilligung"

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 5:46 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
@Lacrima

I got something regarding AufenthaltsBewilligungs (Aemoticon.

You can see some info regarding AB and AE in this link:

http://www.xonder.at/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_0134/YaBB.cgi?board=zuw;action=display;num=1095534324

There the BMI people have explained that AB might be counted for NE.( But I am not 100% sure about this from the content of the BMI letter as my German is bad).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/04 6:00 PM as a reply to chakradhar tanguturi.
I would also like to hear from you who has both AufenthatlsBewilligungs (Aemoticon and AE about the content of BMI letter to get NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott