Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Passport change due to some reasons

Toggle
Passport change due to some reasons
Answer
1/28/10 3:57 PM
Hi Trust7 members,

I want to change my passport which will expire on dec 2011 because of the change in appearance. condition of Passport looks OK but change in appearance gives some problem in the chennai airport.

I am currenty in NRW and i want to renew it. I am eligible to apply for NE by march 2010. As i searched in internet I can go to Frankfurt, Köln or Essen. But I dont want to travel just to renew my passport. as far i c in igcs website they are not taking application for such cases by post.

If they dont take application by post am i allowed to renew my passport in India when i go on vacation (passport office 5 mins from home).

Have anyone did changes in passport sending by Post. Please share ur experience.

Thanks
Karthik.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/10 6:27 PM as a reply to Macho.
Karthik,

I got my passport renewal done by sending all the documents (including my valid pasport) through post. This is to the Munich consulate though, but I don't think it makes any difference. It's pretty safe.

Make sure you send it regsitered (Einschreiben) and track the delivery status over the internet. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/10 10:39 AM as a reply to Macho.
karthik82,

Since you are residing here, u fall under Indian Embassy - Germany. I dont think you can renew your passport. Try it, they might despatch your file to Berlin again and this will be difficult to keep track of your application and you will not know for sure where the passport.

Do it Germany itself. even if it means appearing in person.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/10 7:09 PM as a reply to Macho.
Hi Karthik,

Here is my experience:

Last year my Indian passport got damaged, and I faced problems in convincing Indian officials at the airport in India. My advice to you is that you apply and get a duplicate Indian passport in Germany itself.

For duplicate passport I made a visit to Frankfurt(everybody suggested me to go there), they will ask for an application, photographs, a hand written request for duplicate passport, fees(payable in cash) , an envelope and post stamps. They will also keep your present passport and will give you small receipt.

After their processing they will post your old(damaged) as well as your new passport to the address you provide in your application.

Once you get your new passport, all you need to do is go to AB with both the passports, biometric photo and 10 euros and get your visa stamped on the new one.

I am not sure about the postal thing, but i wont take risk when it comes to as important thing as passport.

This thread may help you:
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/duplicate_indian_passport

Good luck
Prakash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/10 11:16 PM as a reply to Macho.
My passport is also going to expire in december 2011. But my pages are also finished. I dont know how to proceed. Shall I apply fresh passport or just additional booklet or renewal??
Will there be enquiry again in India(Like when we applied for new passport, they come to our home in India and check). Renewal also will be done for another 10years????
Going to India and apply is better or, applying in Germany is better?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18