Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: wedding contract???

Toggle
wedding contract???
Answer
12/5/06 12:27 PM
Hi everybody!!!

My friend is going to marry with a German guy and he wants to make a wedding contract with her (because he says just to be sure that she doesn´t marry him just for being in Germany and his money and blah blah) in this contract he says that in case of divorce he doesn´t have to give her money!!!! :-o and he also told her that in some years he will tell the lawyer to erase that contract, is that possible?? or he is lying my friend??? I mean.. I ask because I never had heard about those ``wedding contracts`` but... is it possible to after some years erase that or something like that to say it is not valid anymore?? thanks!!!

Marycarmen :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/06 12:57 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
Dear Mary,

I admire the concern you have for your friend. However, your fears are groundless, she is anyway going to show him middle finger after 3 years (after getting her german passport).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/06 9:36 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
@Akshay

Your intentons r not alike as others so better keep to yourself when you have an evil thought.
if you can't give a good suggestion, then better don't reply!

@Mary
If he has to have any sort of legal agreement I could suggest she too gets in touch with a lawyer. If it is a self made contract with any funny clause then it can make a contract void, but better get it checked with a lawyer before she gets into any such agreement.

Binoy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/06 11:21 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
He is a bit afriad that she will leave him after 3 years so if love last for more than 3 years then perhaps he will believe her and will erase the contract but if she leave him after 3 years then to be sure that she just get the divorse and not the 50% of his income since they r married ,he is making the contract.also to avoid taking care of her(financally) in certain cases after divorse.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/06 12:14 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
Just one question...if one gets marry in the home land and brings the spouse to Germany. Unfortunately if something happens between the partners and that leads to divorce...what applies in that case? The spouse would automatically get half of the belongings of the partner? Remember the scenario is that you got married in your home country and brought the partner to Germany after marriage... any thoughts over this issue?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/06 12:48 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
maybe they r married 5 years ago in homeland but the marriage and claims will be count since his/her marriage is registerd here officially.but to be honest im not sure about it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/06 12:48 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
@Nanda

If your wife doesn't acquire PR or german citizenship then german divorce law don't apply to her and after divorce her residence permit will be revoked and she would be forced to leave the country and you don't pay a single penny....at your wish she can even be deported :-)

But, if your wife has either PR or german citizenship then my friend, you can say goodbye to your good life. You would be kicked out from the house and would not be allowed to come near 100 meter of that house. You pay support for the wife and your kids until you die. And she will be having fun with your kids and with her new boyfriend in your house, for which you still paying the installments since the house loan is in your name :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/06 7:21 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
Are you married Akshay?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/06 10:27 AM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
Not yet...but very soon :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/06 9:05 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
@Nanda:
funny story... What good trust people have before getting married. emoticon I've one more doubt what if this guy divorce your friend before termination of said contract. He just used her and had fun with her and left her. Ask her to be very careful from her side also.

@Akshay:
Good background you are preparing for you marriage. ;) I do agree, we need to be careful before getting married. I got one more view why young generation is not getting married. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/06 10:06 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
Dear All

does anyone know if the 3 years waiting time for a german citizenship is also valid for a person who has been adopted by German citizen at an age of 24.????

The child is studing and living in germany since 3 years now

Thanks for your answers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/06 1:02 PM as a reply to Sonia Garcia.
@samdcha

He just used her and had fun with her and left her. Ask her to be very careful from her side also.

In germany you don't need to promise marriage in order to have fun, much less to a peruvian girl who are cheaper by dozens with the sole purpose of getting a permanent visa in this country, by hook or by crook.

No offence to Mary, maybe she really loves her german husband ;-)

Good background you are preparing for you marriage.

I admit, I am bit sceptical to this topic, but then I have every reason to be.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott