Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
GC or PR ?
Answer
8/25/04 5:44 PM
Hi,

I live in germany since early this year with a GC. I have gone thru some of the discussions abt the new immigration rules. My annual salary is close to 84K and i am sure it will cross that in january next year. I do have a fixed bonus and if i add this my annual package crosses much more than 84k now itself.

Now my question is, what will i get as per the new immigration rules? Can i just change my GC to PR or i have to wait till end of my GC term.

thanks in advance, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC or PR ?
Answer
8/25/04 5:50 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
you can get your PR straight away, but you're really one of a kind, dude.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 5:59 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Ok, be honest how much did you pay them? ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 6:05 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Guys ..Ignore this tread !!

Cool dudues get cool 85K

Peace !!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 6:08 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
What happens, if the company suddenly changes his mind and your salary goes down drasticly just after you got your PR?

What happens, if the company bankrupts right after your PR approval ? Will they ask you then to give your PR back ?

What happens, if I get a 3 month contractor position in Germany which suits this salary limit ? will i get the PR anyway ?

I mean, this salary barrier stuff is kinda nonsense for me..

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 6:21 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
"What happens, if the company suddenly changes his mind and your salary goes down drasticly just after you got your PR?", you've already drank the water, you won't spit it out.

"What happens, if the company bankrupts right after your PR approval ? Will they ask you then to give your PR back ?", I repeat, you've already drank the water, you won't spit it out.

"What happens, if I get a 3 month contractor position in Germany which suits this salary limit ? will i get the PR anyway ?", this I dunno.

But waht I wanted to say by saying "you've already drank the water, you won't spit it out" is that they have already given it to you and by law, they can't take it back from you, unless you prove yourself a terrorist or some dangerous guy.

"I mean, this salary barrier stuff is kinda nonsense for me...", it has always been a nonsense, dude. Can't say who made this point but he will hardly found someone earning that in his entourage.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 7:21 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Well, the thing is: 84k /12 months = 7k/month. So you could agree with your employer to get 6 months this salary (while you get your PR), and for the rest of the year work for 400 €/month. And this would probably be legal, so I think they will add some kind of rule, like that you get your PR at the end of the year or something like this to close the loophole.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 7:36 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
i know couple of friends who get close to 84 K. But after the bonus and other stuff they make 84K. So you can always argue that your income for that year is 84 K. And you have paid the taxes and social contributions based on this total yearly income. You have a very very strong case to argue that you have an income of 84 K. Take the services of a lawyer.. I am sure, they will listen to him.. Its worth the effort. But only point is, that you should have atleast 1 financial year with 84 K to convince them. I dont see any problems in it.

And regarding the loop holes, use them as long as they plugged. Lets see how many can convince their employers to do such tricks.. I am sure, my employer would never entertain such an idea..

Cheers,

Cmreddy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 7:37 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
I mean to say use the loopholes as long as they are not plugged..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 7:53 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Or you can ask your employer to pay you 7K/month, from which you pay him back as soon as the money is in your account 3500 or whatever the difference is with your normal salary. He looses no money but he win an employee with a PR.

But that doesn't sound quite legal :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 8:07 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
It seems you have not take Tax system and social security contributions into consideration.. .. Well anyways,, the loop holes of this type, are really not of my concern..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 8:25 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
I did took them into consideration, they will surely pay more for that, but you have to agree to pay the difference of the 7K with you netto salary, no matter how it may seem, so that they keep the money they have, and you will at the end have less than you should normally have, but with a PR as bonus.

Let me put it as an example with digits, we IT people understand better that way:
you earn normally 2500 netto, which gives you 2000 netto.
To reach the 7000, the company has to boost your salary with 4500.
With this 4500, earning 7000, you come to 5500 netto.
As you owe the company 4500, from the 5500, you give them 4500 and got at the end 1000.
Which is really less than the 2000 you should normally have and the game is on.

But just try to live the whole month with these 1000 and as soon as you got the PR, the company just have to get you back to your old salary, cutting salary is also something normal.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/04 8:53 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
I would love to see you with a PR by the end of January 2005. Best of luck..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/04 1:35 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Who said I was gonna follow this kinda of doin'? People were giving thoughts about loopholes, I just noticed one and submitted it like the others, don't get mad at me :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/04 5:39 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Hi ,

Whats the procedure to apply for PR if the condition of 84K salary per annum is met.Can we apply for a PR straight away ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/04 5:49 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
1. Not before the law enters in force in January 2005
2. Noone knows per now how it should be done, you should have to wait and see.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/04 12:50 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Sanjayj ....you seem to be tooo optimistic ....BTW do u want to get a PR and live here forever ..?? :p
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott