Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Re: Important question on Visum stamping

Toggle
Important question on Visum stamping
Answer
10/15/08 1:46 PM
here is my case - I am working in Germany for a company and I plan to resign. But I will like them to serve till Dec end this year.
Few months ago I was offer a good offer from another company in Germany. The enw company is in the process of getting my new WP approval. I hope this will come in this month.
Now - If I go the Visa office with the approved WP papaers, will they immediately stamp my new WP and cancel the old one. Infact, I want to have the existing WP till Dec 2008 and the new WP stamped from Jan 1st 2009. Will this be agreed by the visa office - I understand that it is also up to the officer who will issue me the stamp, but prior suggestions will help me to prepare for it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/08 1:09 AM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Hi,

well, they will probably see it as an unusual request and will want to know the reason. Is it because you dont want your current employer to see who your new employer is? or you are moving to a customer/competitor? or perhaps you are worried about the two month gap when you request your NE? If its the second, then they will explain that it doesn't matter as you can always put a new request... but you will have to pay for the renewal i guess. If its the second, well you can always get a new passport and pay for the transfer of the stamp.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/08 1:11 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Thanks for the reply.
well the case for me is - both i.e. I will not like my current employer to know my new employer. Also I think I will not be eligible to apply for NE as I have been in Germany for only 3 years with WP. What I want is to serve my existing employer with 2 months notice so that they do not get impacted.

I am not sure whether I am eligible to apply for a BE visa as me new job contract is a very long term contract. My question was - I expect my new WP to get approved this month end. But I would liek to serve my existing firm till Dec end and then start working in the new firm. My current visa is a Wp having my existing firm name in the visa. So now, when I go to visa office - will they put the stamp immediately or will they put stamp with a date which i would requiest for i.e. 1st jan 2009 for the new firm.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/08 12:23 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/08 2:03 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
If you've been working for 2+ years in germany, you're elegible for NE.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/08 2:05 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
>>If you've been working for 2+ years in germany, you're elegible for NE.

Can you enlighten me how?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/08 6:33 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Hello,
I got my new visa stamped for the new company and it is NOT NE visa. I did not see any chance of getting NE visa after 2 years in Germany. Infact I received the letter where they stated that I am eligible for BE visa, but the visa officer stamped my new visa with the company name on it which I understand it as not a BE visa as BE visa should not have company name on it.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott