Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Dependent visa for Work permit holder

Toggle
Dependent visa for Work permit holder
Answer
2/2/12 12:19 PM
Hi,
My Husband has a offer from a german company and will be submitting application for work permit, and we will be filling for dependent visa for me and our daughter, i have a few questions:
1) Can i apply for my and my daughter's dependent visa with his application or do we have to submit it after he gets his work permit stamped.
2) I have a post graduate diploma from Symbiosis, is that considered a masters degree or will i have to go though A1 German test.
3) How much money does the embassy charge for Marriage certificate, somebody on the forum mentioned if you get it attested from Ministry of External Affairs in DELHI-PATIALA OFFICE. This attestation is recognized by all embassies worldwide.
4) Will there have to be verification for my daughters birth certificate also.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/12 8:09 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
Hi,

1. Yes you can.

2. In all likelihood you will not need A1 since you have a post graduate degree and also if you dont intend to settle. I suggest you start A1 in any case as it helps.

3. No need for attestation if your MC is also in English. Although the German consulate may (very likely) ask you to pay for MC verification a few days after your husbands work permit is approved.

4. Possibly yes but they will ask for it.

All the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/12 9:03 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
[url=http://www.globalvisas.ae
]Global Visas Dubai
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/12 7:52 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
1) Apply together , we did the same & we both get visa on same date.

2) I don't feel you need A1 German Test, but It is good if u have it. They didn't asked for my wife,But still I will say go for it, it is always good if you know basic German.
government provides integration course , but you are over qualified like my wife , so you need to pay around 250 euro , for A1 course & around 650 for
C1 course. I feel it is cheap over at India.It is always good if u know German from start. This will help.

3)& 4) Give everything in English, They didn't charge me for anything & there was no Verification.

I hope this will help.

Dave
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/12 8:28 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
In my case, we three of us applied together(me,wife and son).

Mine was applied for work permit(employment visa) and for wife and son they were applying as dependent.

we submitted
==> marriage certificate which is in English and regional language(not attested by MEA).
==> our son's birth certificate is in English and in regional language.
==> wife has an MBA, so we attached her certificates.
==>paid only the basic visa fees(4000+4000+3000).
==>while applying, embassy asked us about my wife's language certificate, but we convinced them that we both are traveling together and my wife has a Master's degree, so our application was accepted(but the lady said it depends on the application processing German officer who might ask for the language certificate).
==>no verification fees was asked.

its been 16weeks, still waiting to hear from the embassy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/12 12:40 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
@xtreamer

hi did ur wife got visa and how the process went and how much time it took bcoz i dint got my visa yet i applied in the month of aug 2011 and in january submitted docs fr marraige verification.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/12 3:46 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
Still heard nothing from the embassy.
I have written several mails to Delhi embassy, seems like they are least interested in replying or updating me with the current state.

Its been more than 18weeks, and i am still struck here because of my wife's visa.

It is strange that visa is approved for child and father but mother is struck with strange A1 requirement.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/12 7:14 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
In my case its been 24 weeks but still waiting for visa approval and they have initiated for marriage verification. so it may take few months more really we were not aware it will take such a long time emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott